Adding New cards to Deck in Blood-Ice-Steel Campaign Crashes to Windows - decided to uninstall AoE3 DE from frustration!

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #:
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Any card which is added to a deck from the civ tech tree during the Blood Ice & Steel campaign crashes when trying to update the deck. Has happened both in Ice Act 2 & Steel Act 3. This is so frustrating that I uninstalled the game today! :frowning:

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Pick a card from the civ tree in the main campaign
  2. Return to home city of campaign & select Update Deck
  3. The new card is ticked in the bottom left, but doesn’t appear in the deck arranged by ages.
  4. When trying to click on the new card added to the deck, the game crashes to Windows.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Should be able to add newest added cards without the game crashing.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

Game crashes to Desktop & gets uninstalled :frowning:

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

Yes, this is a big problem. Crash bugs need to be fixed. A workaround here can be closing and reopening the home city but the natural flow is to take a new card and go straight to the Deck Builder, where deselecting the new card from the broken selection state crashes the game.

I also reported the bug here: [AOE3 DE] [BUG] Campaign Reward Home City Cards Crash Game - Broken Selection State

And here’s what it looks like. If you click the “selected” card that is missing from the selection, the game crashes. This is 100% reproducible by following the steps you gave in this bug report (which are really good, although I think the button to click on is Deck Builder).

1 Like

Yes, I saw your thread before, but I couldn’t find it to post there. In my case, I have the card ticked in the bottom half of the screen, but it doesn’t appear in the Deck sorted by Age. When you go to click on the card to select it (after removing another card for space), the game crashes!