Advance of ages

Gostaria de propor modificação nos avanços de eras, vejo que muitas partidas terminam nas eras II e III, e acho os valores para as trocas de eras muito altos, penso que o jogo seria mais prazeroso se as batalhas acontecessem nas eras IV e V.

Era II – 600 F 100C
Era III – 900F 300C
Era IV – 1500F 500C
Era V – 2500F 1000C

I would like to propose a change in the advances of ages, I see that many games end in ages II and III, and I think the values ​​for changing ages are very high, I think the game would be more enjoyable if the battles took place in ages IV and V.

Era II – 600 F 100C
Era III – 900F 300C
Era IV – 1500F 500C
Era V – 2500F 1000C

I don’t know how to speak English, so I used google translator.

1 Like

probably not happening considering they are going to nerf the native tech that reduces age up cost.

If you reduce age up cost you will just get even faster FI and the game will just turn into even more of a turtle meta

8 Likes

I think the original intention of this suggestion may be reasonable to some extent, but it is unlikely to be realized. Unlike visual changes or civilization tweaks, your suggestions have an almost game-changing effect on the entire game.

3 Likes

currently ages are balanced so that a resource card covers about a 3rd of the price to age up, by lowering the age up to age 4 to just 2000 resources it will heavily emphasis aging up as the objectively best option, people could quiet realistically in this scenario have factories 10 minutes into a rush game, earlier in treaty.

also why the coin cost for age 1? that seems oppose to your idea of accelerating the game speed.

1 Like

No. The game is balanced already for this. If age up cost,changes so drastically for all civs, all part of the game has to be rebalanced

1 Like

Yes, I understand… that’s why I think the V era is unreachable with 4000F 4000C, you know?

I guess age 5 is meant to be unreachable in most,1v1 games. That’s why those cost. Even the deck has only 4 ages. So the game is intended to finish off in age 4. Death match is also age 4. Only when you want spy (opponent refuse to resign) then you need age 5

1 Like

the values ​​are just a suggestion, the idea is to have a better era exchange

The idea that advancing to the second age costs coins does not seem so out of place to me. I think all AOEs use coins to advance to age II. Why can’t it be like that in AOE-3?

600 food + 200 coins to advance to age II.

In case of advancing with the logistician and the like:
650 food + 250 coins.

In case of moving forward with the inventor (hot air balloon):
500 food + 150 coins. He advance a little slower than other politicians.

Maybe it would give more value to the treasures that provide gold, and we could expand the early game a little more.

1 Like

There is no reason to make age I longer, I mean, army is not available.

About age IV, well some civs could get a discount as they dont get factories as europeans do. They are a huge boost to economy. For example, native civs have no reason to reach IV that quickly (but Hauds for canons I know. And SK were nerfed). It could be interesting to try something. Maybe keep the same amount but different quantities of each resource.

1 Like

Age V is meant to be a game ending for longer games, not a must for each game. There’s no need to reduce its cost.

This should be a civ or culture trait, not a rebalance for all civs.

2 Likes

I agree. The age costa are fine as is and don’t need this kind of change. If there’s imbalances, i’d rather the individual civs are looked at.

As an aside I’d only want the Age II costs (like the suggested coin cost) to go up if there was a new mode focused on fighting from Age I (‘Renaissance’!) :laughing:

1 Like