Advanced Genie Editor (AGE)

When i edit any unit, i save the file, and then open AOE II DE and go to editor, but my edited, or created unit is never there… I saved it under “Resources” “Common” “DAT” in the game folder, but it never registers into the game… I am new to the AGE so if the answer is glaringly obvious then have a tiny bit of mercy. Haha
Looking forward to feedback from you guys. Thnx.

Do not overwrite the base game. Ever. What you need to do is to save it in a new mod folder. Basically you need to create this file path "C:\Users<JSmith>\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE<A large number>\mods\local<Your Mod Name here>\resources_common\dat. Anything inside those <> needs to be replaced with whatever it says. So start saving your DAT file in that final folder, and from there, before you start a skirmish game, you need to select your DAT file. Also, you’re going to want to go to Steam and verify the integrity of the game files now, because you just messed around with the actual game, rather than a mod.

Ooh… okay, thanyou. Good thing you told me. Lol I would have probably messed up big time. I will do that,