Advice to noobs for Age of Empire

Hello All, Any advice for us that have never played the original AOE and want to try the new version? Like stuff that would be nice to know from the start lol, Wulf thanks you!

I see a Buy Now button, do we have to purchase this Definitive Edition?

It will be for sale. It is not for sale yet.

Has anyone had any luck signing up for the beta?

@mobiledonut329 said:

Not yet I don’t think…problems with the new site I believe… :frowning:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:
Hello All, Any advice for us that have never played the original AOE and want to try the new version? Like stuff that would be nice to know from the start lol, Wulf thanks you!

It depends, are you going to play it multiplayer or singleplayer ?

I need to play now!

I could already enter the page and enter the beta, but send me to the forum, I thought there was already a beta :v

@“KGB Crazy” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

No idea yet…which is best or more fun?

@“KGB Crazy” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“WickedWulf” Would their be an option to try before you buy in choosing multiplayer or single player?

@mobiledonut329 said:

I got signed up. Although, my Xbox Live account hasn’t been active for like 5 years. Lol. I just had a username.

Download the AoE 1 demos, they are out there. You will need to run them, not remember right now, but is like running them in win 95 mode on Win 10

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“KGB Crazy” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

I think multiplayer is a lot more fun. But the singleplayer also very good, I remember playing the original AOE and at that time I did not have very good internet and could not play with other people. Actually I do not even know if I had multiplayer from outside, just local connection. I’m not sure. I suggest you start on the single to have a mechanics base, though it’s going to be kind of hard to say something because they’ve changed some things … But any gameplay is very good and do not worry. If you have played some franchise game you will feel at home.

I have also played AOE 2 so i hope it closer to that!

@LordFek said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“KGB Crazy” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

I think multiplayer is a lot more fun.

Thank you…all info helpful!

@SeaPetals said:

@“KGB Crazy” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@“WickedWulf” Would their be an option to try before you buy in choosing multiplayer or single player?

lol how I wish all games were try it before you buy it…I would have saved mega $$$ over the years…most in here are talking about a closed beta version available, for testing and last tweaks…the real game software will be released later for purchase…

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

@SeaPetals said:

@“KGB Crazy” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

lol how I wish all games were try it before you buy it…I would have saved mega $$$ over the years…most in here are talking about a closed beta version available, for testing and last tweaks…the real game software will be released later for purchase…

Would love to sign up for Beta, my dilemma is the internet service is the only service in my area, and they sent messages slow mail saying they may be shutting down, I’m kind of torn in a waiting game. Thank you for the info.

@“KGB Crazy” said:

@“Wicked Wulf” said:

Definitely multiplayer. The AI in singleplayer just wasn’t good enough. Although the campaigns were still fun.

Mass catapults.
Mass Breton archers are both very valid tactics

I hope they update the AI, and especially the ability to have more than 50 pop in singleplayer. That sucks big time and makes the singleplayer a lot less fun.