African civs you'd like to see

Maybe you mean the same, but they didnt just pick Lakota because of regocnizable buildings and units, they planned 4 civs originally for the warchiefs, but then had to do 3 and looked which civs had most potential of unique gameplay of which the Incas were concidered way too similar to Aztecs (which I think DE comfirmed when adding Incas)

Maya were not part of the Aztecs, I am pretty sure they were splintered city states (which doesnt matter as thats literally one of the reasons why they use people groups, not countries).

Mayans had way more of an independence fight then the Aztecs, as even when the Maya states were conquered they kept resisting to well into the 20th century and even now still.

Its in Dutch, but just turn the wiki page into english if you decide to read it.

1 Like

Morocco and Ashanti/Ghana…

2 Likes

Kongo Kingdom, Oyó Kingdom (yorubá) and Swahilli sultanates (Or the Sultanate of Oman, ruling them, but the Swahili civilization displayed as architecture, units, etc…).

2 Likes

Zulu or Morrocco/Berber

5 Likes

Tuareg are an Amazigh/Berber people. Tuaregs belong to the Amazigh people group.

4 Likes

Hausa civ may be represented all western African region? Or possible this civ from screenshots is Songhai Empire?

we already know its Hausa based on the flags and units shown, and also the buildings.

6 Likes

eu acho que eu decifrei tudo, mais era obvio tambem

1 Like

Apparently there are only going to be 5 new minor civs to interact with, which I find weird… Africa is a huge continent, with a highly diverse population and you’re going to only give us 5 different minor civs? It’s just bizarre.

I hope they only focus on the factions of Western Africa and then in a following DLC or Free challange unlocable content we get factions form Southern Africa (Zulu) and more. (Morocco, Congo, Ashante)

2 Likes

I agree, there should be like 20 minor civs and 7-8 more major civs in Africa.

1 Like

I think that they added only 5 because the others are used for Age up options.
They could add more but Its not a great issue, I really dont care about that.

1 Like

Nobody talk about that market system?? And one of them get an Indian market? This means 2 markets available?
The big issue of this civs I think that is the treaty mode, they have to choose between an arsenal and a church. Also their economy doesnt see too strong with that minifarms and cattle. And the influence resource for units dont help to that.

I was hoping that this DLC would include 3 civs, and the free update would add 2 civs - 5 brand new African civs in total.

All the time I hope that at least one civ (if two civs would be cool) will be in the free update.

2 Likes

Man its a team of like 10-20 people, be happy they atleast added minor civs and maps and not just the civs.

The Asian dynasties only added 6 minor civs as well, yet were are your complains about that? Technically the warchiefs only added 4 new ones as with the 7 they added 3 were replacements for the ones which became civs.

I am just happy we got an Africa dlc, ofcourse I hoped for 3 civs, but I think we should be happy with what we got and maybe in the future there will be more.

8 Likes

Keep in mind the alliance feature is another way in witch peoples of africa are represented.

2 Likes

The Bantus were relevant? For me it would be good if they add them

I would have wished for some representation from the south of africa (not actually “South Africa”) but i’m relieved we didn’t get Boers as some rumours wanted us to believe so i’ll gladly take these 2 civs!

1 Like

Which is odd, considering the portuguese managed to sail to south africa and beyond, controlling african cities in the indian ocean and creating a trade post empire in south east asia. I think they could add south africa and southeast asia, as zanzibar and other important cities are not represented in the new maps, which stop at the horn of africa or little bellow that.

4 Likes