My personal balance changes still needed:
Note: not all changes suggested have to too rigid, some are just random/broad suggestions to address a problem of a certain civ. In particular, the changes regarding the new civs shouldn’t be taken too seriously, since are most likely subjective to change.
- Lose the arbalest upgrade (to balance their early HC, but especially to incentives their use).
- Lose access to Squires (small but important nerf to their FM, so that it’ll be a bit slower and less overwhelming).
- Receive the second archer armor.
- Get access to Partian Tactics
- Stronghold UT now affect TCs too.
- CKN cost 5 gold more (from 35 to 40g).
- Cavalry get +10/20% HP in feudal/castle-imp (from 20% more since feudal).
So frank scouts in feudal age will have just +4/5HP instead of +9HP.
- New Bonus: All TC techs are researched instantly (not free).
- Kamayuks get +2 bonus damage vs eagles.
- TB changed in farms built 50% faster and all food, wood, gold and stone eco techs are researched 50% faster (no TC techs).
They would also need something to compensate the loss of their armor led vills in feudal age.
- Elephant Archers get +1 attack and Elite Elephant Archers get +1 range.
- Get access to Siege Engineers (affected by the 33% uni discount).
Onestly, after all the strong BBC presents in the game now (like the portos, turks, burgundians and bohemians BBCs) this is a needed change if we want to have a decent Italian gunpowder.
- Lose onager upgrade.
- Condos get a +2 bonus damage vs eagles and a +1 against spears line.
- Maybe a small additional bonus of free infantry armor (no BS required) to help them a bit on the new arabia map.
- New bonus: Animals (both hunt and herdables) don’t rot.
- 30% longer lasting gold mines reverted back to free first gold mining upgrade (I get it that it overlap a bit with a bonus of the 2 new civs, but still this is a waste of perfectly good bonus on a perfectly already balanced civ).
- Nomads UT unlock the 200 pop (huns style).
- Obuch costs +5 gold.
- Get access to Squires.
- Mamelukes cost 10 gold less (from 85 to 75).
- Get access to Redemption and Atonement (or Block Printing).
- TB changed into transport ships have +6 LoS and +3 anti-ship armor.
- Hauberk UT gives just +1MA (not +2PA too, since at that point it was less strong and more balanced to just give them the paladin upgrade) OR it’s switched back again with the scrutage UT.
- Orthodoxy UT gives +6/6
- In the blacksmith gold bonus, are included blood and supplies.
- Sanctity and fervor upgrades are free upon hitting castle age.
- Paper money UT gives a 1:1 trade, so it costs 300w and 500f and gives back 800g (300 gold more).