After a few months, again my list of balance changes still needed:

Madrasah I forgot to put in the list, I think that they could make the monks 50% cheaper and monastery work 50% faster.

Missionary is a super situational unit, no hope for them… Inquisition is fine, having the time for conversion is always good, even is only to counter super units in the super late game (like siege).

Orthodoxy is in the list, as for cumans mercenaries I forgot it too. In my opinion, they should allow kipchaks to be trained at allied castle, at the same price +30g (it would be cool if that 30g goes to the cuman player).

Flaming camels are a april fool unit with an historical background. It’s a meme unit, but the game is always better with a content more than a content less, so it can be left there as it is.

And will always be, thanks to their early game and that fact that they are and easy civ.

Yeah but not that much…

Yes, for defending the base they might work sometimes, other times they don’t.

Otherwise we wasted months of asking for a turk buff that they were weak vs archers…

Well, they did get the buff. The extra PA makes their light cav pretty decent against archers. I think more civs need similar buffs to their light cav line. I dont even care if multiple civs receive the same bonus. I’d rather have it a bit more ‘boring’ if it means more civs have an even playing field when it comes to countering archers and ca

Or we just give them the second archer armor. Skirms and xbows so become playable, both defensively, and aggressively (I mean, they have a wood and a M@A bonus without good archers, which is weird…).

Also, since the arambai is decent now, but far from what it was once, it could use the extra resistance.

Totally agree, their HCs should be the go to strategy…

Tbh, no need for this. The civ is fine as it is. The problem is the mechanics of the UT, not the unit per se.

Totally fine with this. If needed a small nerf to arambais (unnecessary imo even with this buff)

Why? These are so minor changes. Not saying I am against, but they are very minor. I would buff Byzantines in another way…

It is unbeliveble that CKNs are still so OP…

Maybe these are not needed, but I like them all

SE is necessary for the civ, I totally agree. A further buff should start earlier. Also, I would consider to replace the imperial UT with something more useful.

Not sure if this is easy to implement, but fine with it.

I really do not like this

Fine

Overall I am fine, maybe let us wait a bit.

Fine

This civ deserve a dedicated discussion. I really think it is the worst designed one atm. First it needs an identity

Fine

It’s a small easy nerf on an non-crucial tech.

Not all buffs needs to be big or strong. If a civ is almost balanced, it may need something small.

Well, incas TB is still the most useless TB… :joy:

Silk road is fine. The civ can be balanced even with the Imperial UT.

But maybe they could add a secondary effect, like it reset the maket fee.

You do not like the new bonus or you do not like to revert to their old bonus.

On water, it could have one, but with more balanced TB.

On land, they could be a generic flexible civ, with a better infantry. But right now, they basically are a knight civ.

1 Like

OK, but Paper money effect should also be reworked so its not one time anymore.
New possible effect, reduce the market trade fee by 5% for all teammembers, maybe also give the vietnames player a gold trickle equivalent of 1 relic.

Franks: still deserve a proper nerf. I propose farm techs cost 50% less instead of free.

No, that is already the Burgundians and Vietnamese bonuses, better do something to Chivalry

It’s a combination of both bonuses, but just for farming upgrades instead of all eco upgrades. Sound fair to me?

Is just a worse version of both and still Franks have soo strong scout rush

I think the bonus can stay as it is atm

Maybe the discount could be smaller (è.g., gold only with a lower percentage) but acting also on the UUs.

And, more importantly, either the GC upgrade become cheaper or it gives +1 range.

As for Franks nerf. They got nerfed a lot over the recent times. I don’t think they need a huge, major nerf. Just something small and subtle. Maybe the cavalry HP only kicking in from Castle Age, or something.

1 Like

I personally don’t like it. The malians were balanced before, now they get an extra gold on a moment when they aren’t the easiest civ to play (imp).

In my opinion, is a waste of a perfectly good bonus on an already balanced civ.

Not necessary. Both UU aren’t that expensive, and especially if you reduce the percentage you would get a ridiculously small discount.

You keep pushing for both early and late buffs, but a civ cannot have both, not at least without being redesign completely from scratch.

Again, not that necessary…

Which would make the bonus useless. The strength of that bonus isn’t the resources saved, but the timing that it gives.

Usually, by the time you get those upgrades, your are forced to put down a lot of farms without them. With franks instead you can build farms after the upgrades, which then have more food.

Franks in my opinion were just designed from the beginning to be the perfect arabia civ. All of their bonuses work that way since AoK.

This caused a phenomenon that made franks and their strategies become one of the best known meta in the game, which consequently further strengthen the civ.

You can’t nerf them too much unless you are willing to break the civ and nerf it into oblivion. Which is closer than what most people think.

This can be done. Or maybe just make the bonus so that it’s 10% in feudal and 20% from castle age onwards.

I don’t think Frank’s were designed to be op on arabia. They don’t have any cultural aoe 2 heritage protection as, the best arabia civ in my opinion. Nerfing them is fine. If my proposal severely nerfs their farm bonus, then do be it. That’s the point after all of a nerf to the goat of aoe 2 civs.

They have lost one bonus, they have got a new one. I do not see such a huge need to change them again, but fine with it.

I think the must is SE. Then the civ is still quite fragile on land and has a bad UT. I think that one of the two things should be addressed.

I can agree with this, seems reasonable.

1 Like

Never mind, let’s not transform this topic into another Italians thread…

1 Like

But how is funny that 90% of 4v4 games have one (or even two Frank players, which is just not fun, and one of the very few civs that could end them (Lithuanians) was nerfed.

1 Like

There’s a whole lot of civs that can do just fine against Franks in a 4v4

Which ones?
and all of those have good eco?

Depends on overall civ combinations but Persians, indians can definitely take on Frank Paladins. Teuton Paladin can also hold up fine and all of these civs have decent booms.