Age of empire Rank team

If you got more pop space and no economy to support enough production buildings with constant production its pointless to have +200 pop. Even if you manage to hinder one opponent it won’t hinder another which leaves you in situation that you’re still facing 2 players. This all comes down back to able to drop ppl with landmark sniping. In past you still quite good chance to even the game out, but thanks to the change its pointless now.

I have played plenty of 2v1 and plenty of time I would’ve won if the landmark condition was not changed and only reason why I lost was because the rule favors now the team that has player still staying in game.

If you’re that kind of player that sits on 200 pop not doing anything and waiting then you’re lower tier player. At higher level you got constant unit loss and constant unit production going. You don’t have time to sit and trying to mass higher population army especially if your economy cant support it.

Like I said. In certain situations it can be helpful, but you’re still in shitty position when trying to fight 2v1 or 3v2 or 4v3. Its not just military that you’re behind, your economy is also and instantly one of your ally leaves you lose x amount of map vision followed by u r also giving map control to opposite side and map control is one of the most important factors.

If you can control map and force player(s) stay in their corner more leeway you got to do things and consume all the resources before your opponent.

Let me put this bit of perspective. Lets say all players are at 130 vills for the sake of simplicity. So you need extra economy too to match them. Then the factor that you need more production. For example if opponents got +20 production buildings you need the same number or more. More you go more you need villagers to support constant production and at that point you start hitting such levels that your army size starts to get smaller and smaller.

So essentially your team would need time to invest into more production, economy and so on to go with the extra pop to even make any form of difference. But once again if you’re playing with low elo players they might give you the time organize everything and let you re boom etc, but once opponent is aware that best option is to attack your extra pop won’t do anything.

The only way to make up for a leaver is to let remaining team control the one that left and to divide incoming rescores to remains of the team.!! If the remaining say 3 out of the 4 on the team are decent. they have a chance just turning the leaver player into a resource mule for the team.

SC2 has done this from day one and it is the best solution.

AI sucks hard and is easily fooled… This isn’t a good solution.

This is what needs to be done

1 Like

I don’t do that, it would be pointless as the situation cannot improve for you from there by waiting. But if you’re playing 1v2 with 200 pop vs 400 pop, you cannot win against remotely competent opponents. You have to send all your military to attack their base, as each player can match your numbers on their own, and has defender advantage, so even if you have a better composition and better micro, you’re going to need your entire army to attack. But then the other player just goes and attacks your base with the same size of army as you have, but you cannot possibly have any army still there to defend.

If in that situation you got the leaver’s pop space, so it’s 400 pop vs 400 pop, you’d still need to be better than the opponents to have any chance of winning, obviously, but you’d have more chance than with 200 pop.

While I clearly said it would help in certain very niche situations when player can utilize that 400pop or 300pop etc, but outside of that it would make no difference at all.

Its not like your economy and production hops to support the 400pop or 300pop once ally leave.

Most likely what we would get is to control your ally after they leave, but thats bit niche too, but Im personally used to it from WC3 days so I would be fine with this.

I much rather get 30-50% production speed and gathering speed buff if ally leaves, because getting more pop takes too long to take effect in the way that you can actually do something with it. Player needs double the villager count and production which takes lot of time and resources.

I have played plenty of 2v1 even when my ally has not left, but been completely useless. For example one Rus game where the 400 pop situation wouldn’t made any difference because I had no production or economy to support it. Anyway situation was this we all were in imperial with pretty much deep into late game. I had +30 production buildings and I was constantly fighting train of units from both opponents meanwhile my ally had less than 10 production buildings and no economy to support even those. This is also perfect example why matchmaking is pure coinflip. So in the end I got steadily overwhelmed and pushed back because opponents had so much more production and economy so even if I had the 400 pop it would have not made any difference because my economy wouldn’t be able to support such production to match both players.