Age of Empires (2) netcode

Hello,

I’m curious about the netcode, while it become completely overhauled? Back in the days we love to play aoe2 on lan parties but in late game it tended to start lag and became asynchrone often. So I guess those problems were adressed too in this new old game?

I think it is (or it should) be obvious that such problems will get adressed, I mean they where talking about a revive of the Multiplayer, and with the IPv4 technology LAN and Internet is not as a big difference as it was back in the days where you where using a modem for your internet.

They’re using the Xbox Live infrastructure, afaik. Hopefully the netcode is up to par, too.

@Manello1 said:
I think it is (or it should) be obvious that such problems will get adressed, I mean they where talking about a revive of the Multiplayer, and with the IPv4 technology LAN and Internet is not as a big difference as it was back in the days where you where using a modem for your internet.

Well I’m talking about lan parties and we already used 100mbit ethernet so that should not be the reason for problems occured.

@RWNorthPole said:
They’re using the Xbox Live infrastructure, afaik. Hopefully the netcode is up to par, too.

Hopefully… well let’s hope they get rid of the past problems. I must admit that I’ve never tried the HD release on Steam so maybe it’s already a solved issue.