Age of Empires at Gamescom! - Age of Empires

CANā€™T WAIT TO SEE!!!

@sonictimm said:
-Some kind of open tournament or other push to get AOE into the competitive spotlight

AOE going to competitive scenario would be nice, doing it right of course.

I can not wait for any further news. This is by far my most favorite PC game series ever.

Where can I see the beta version of the game? Because I canā€™t see nothing here in the web site about this!

I hope we receive invites soon! Iā€™m getting desperate! =)

@Gwiz said:
I hope we receive invites soon! Iā€™m getting desperate! =)

Invites according to the news we got today off FB and changes in the FAQ section here on website, is beta invites first wave will go out this Friday 8/11.

I want to play and shape the game too

Great , i am also at Gamescom.

@VaultTecHarry1 said:

Super, I am going to be in Cologne from Saturday 19th as well, where are you staying, Iā€™m going to be staying in the Leonardo hotel near Koln airport.

@ā€œMystic Tabooā€ said:

@VaultTecHarry1 said:

Super, I am going to be in Cologne from Saturday 19th as well, where are you staying, Iā€™m going to be staying in the Leonardo hotel near Koln airport.

I am also there on Saturday, but I arrive by car. I live in Germany. :slight_smile: I hope i can pLay AOE at Gamescom. AOE was my first RTS Game 20 Years ago. enjoy your stay

If you fancy beers let me know!

It would be nice if they say at gamescom. " We release AoE DE next week."

cant wait for it!!

This is pure nostalgia! Canā€™t wait!

@sonictimm said:

What else could it be?
-AOE 3 gets a new patch and its servers come online (unlikely since we have it on Steam)
AoE3 servers were never offline in the first place. They are online ever since the game was released in 2005.

Toss out your ideas below, these are just some of my thoughts

Judging by this reddit comment itā€™s going to be an AoE2HD expansion or something like that. https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/6tubm6/aoe_at_gamecom_2017/dlqvtph/

awesome :smiley: remember my childhoodā€¦

@Eaglemut said:

@sonictimm said:

What else could it be?
-AOE 3 gets a new patch and its servers come online (unlikely since we have it on Steam)
AoE3 servers were never offline in the first place. They are online ever since the game was released in 2005.
Sorry, I havenā€™t played it for years

@Eaglemut said:

Toss out your ideas below, these are just some of my thoughts

Judging by this reddit comment itā€™s going to be an AoE2HD expansion or something like that. https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/6tubm6/aoe_at_gamecom_2017/dlqvtph/

That sounds like the biggest disappointment of the year :frowning:

I certainly hope there will be more info about the DE. Not even the beta release but clarity regarding the contents, because there is a lot of speculation going on right now. Anyway I put the start of the stream in my calendar so I can watch as soon as possible. I am very curious in a positive way

I told myself not to expect too much from this ā€œnew exciting announcementā€ at Gamescon, but they really are playing it upā€¦ Iā€™ve lost that battle, Iā€™m excited to wake up tomorrow and see what it was.

Personally I think Iā€™ll be disappointed with anything less than a new game (an ā€œAOE4ā€), and I find it hard to believe theyā€™d be hyping it up just for yet-another-AOE2 expansion.

As for ZeroEmpires, Iā€™m pretty sure they said there was going to be an AOE2 tournament at Gamescon. Iā€™d say that has little to do with the ā€œexciting announcementā€, and that ZeroEmpires has been brought over to cast that tournament, as one of the premier AOE2 casters in the community.

AOE4 CONFIRMED, only a small teaser (without gameplay) at the end of gamescom livestream!!! There are 2 teams working on aoe. Zero-empires is remastering and making definitive editions on aoe1, aoe2 and aoe3. Microsoft seems to be making aoe4.

Please add the full E-SPORTS package (live tournaments with enough pricemoney to make sure people can turn pro, replays, observer mode, professional shoutcasters, live channels on twitch, youtube, mixer.com etc).

Because every sport needs its heroes!!!. Who didnā€™t start playing tennis after seeing Sampras, Agassi, Federer or Nadal? We need heroes competing for hundreds of thousands of dollars in big stadiums like in starcraft 2!!! I started playing SC2 after seeing the world championships with 250k viewers on twitch.
And yes i have been playing aoe since i was 12, but microsoft fuckted up big time with the lack of E-Sports and lost after age of empires online large parts of its pvp fanbase.

Get into the E-sports and get your PvP fanbase back!!!