Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires

Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires
Hi all, When we set out to re-release the original Age of Empires (as ‘Age of Empires: Definitive Edition’), we had many debates over the extent of restoration that we should undertake. The challenge of re-releasing a classic is just that: it’s a classic and it deserves to be treated with careful reverence. At …

Read the full story here

As long as the game can be released with no bugs / glitches and the AOE Team can share some extra news, the community will be pleased to wait for it. :slight_smile:

a good decision! Exited to see it later this year

I feared you would not do that. But it’s exactly the right descision.

I’m glad that they are doing this to release a quality finished product. With so many other big companies that have use the hype-train approach ruining their titles, this is a welcome decision. Looking forward to a good release that doesn’t disappoint!

I hope now come more into the beta, because I was not still in there ^^

@SatsumaFieber87 said:
I hope now come more into the beta, because I was not still in there ^^

We’ll be bringing in a lot more beta players, so you definitely still have a chance at getting in:) keep an eye on your email for the potential invite!

Can those of us who preordered please get beta access? I was anticipating to play this on the 18th. Either way, I’m glad you guys know you can’t rush perfection, and that this will ultimately result in a much better game. :slight_smile:

I already pre ordered from the Microsoft Store! (I think this is the only possibility we can get, is it ?) What can we do for joining the beta ?

LoL AoE is delyed hah… I have feeling this is gonna be to hard for you guys. Keep up the good work but i think its a little bit shame.

@RenovatedTulip6 said:
I already pre ordered from the Microsoft Store! (I think this is the only possibility we can get, is it ?) What can we do for joining the beta ?

@RenovatedTulip6 @SixZebra9484582

We’ll be reaching out to those who pre-ordered soon with more information. Keep an eye on your email! We’ll also be bringing in a bunch more players for the beta, so you definitely still have a chance to be chosen:)

Guys… I never asked you for anything - well, that’s not really true; in fact, I did asked for a AoE remake all of this years. Anyway… If I could be a part of the Beta testers, I would be really really greatfull! So, well… Just consider It! Hahaha!

Am I the only one who thinks this is great news? Btw I pre ordered and applied for the beta weeks ago plz let me join :frowning:

I hope they make some kind of compensation to whom pre ordered and got already charged in the credit card.

@MarceloMoura10 said:
I hope they make some kind of compensation to whom pre ordered and got already charged in the credit card.

We’ll be reaching out to those who pre-ordered soon with more information, so keep an eye on your email!

@carnudaverbis said:
Guys… I never asked you for anything - well, that’s not really true; in fact, I did asked for a AoE remake all of this years. Anyway… If I could be a part of the Beta testers, I would be really really greatfull! So, well… Just consider It! Hahaha!

@carnudaverbis @CursedSiren9248
Sorry guys, we can’t gaurentee access to anyone, but since we are going to be bringing a bunch more people in you will have a better chance of being brought in now! Make sure to keep an eye out for the potential invite in your email:)

Will you accept players who have not pre-orderd or taken the beta signup already?

We are expecting a Steam Version too just like Cup Head! They listened to the community! and they did very great!

At GamesCom 2017 a lot of people wanted AOE:DE on Steam too and so do i.

@sniem said:
Will you accept players who have not pre-orderd or taken the beta signup already?

Yep, just make sure you sign up now, and you’ll have a chance to get picked:) https://www.ageofempires.com/age-insider-information/

Incredible bad move and bad behaviour from Microsoft to do this just days before release. I expect you will repay us more than just a release.