Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires

Augustusman, I have never lost a game of rise of rome online , and havnt lost a game on local survers (friends, family) in atleast 15 years. I would love to challenge you to a game. You can play it over game ranger, add me up and let’s do this.

@MximusVctorious said:
Augustusman, I have never lost a game of rise of rome online , and havnt lost a game on local survers (friends, family) in atleast 15 years. I would love to challenge you to a game. You can play it over game ranger, add me up and let’s do this.

Why?

@Radical_Zeal said:
Every step is to loose more and more customers. What a shame Microsoft. One day after charging the preorder, you changed the release date months in the future. And now in the original release date your system automatically refunded everyone without letting them decide? WTF. And now my money is nowhere. I will need to wait for one week to see if it appears back or not. Not sure if it is worth all this problems to get this game. Very unprofessional.

Wat the hell are you smoking? If your order was refunded you’ll get an email, grow up and stop crying already. Jesus christ, make your own game if you think this is ''very unprofossional"

Since a lot of questions and comments here are around “why was I refunded and do I have to go to the trouble of ordering again?”, which is a legit question, I’d like to offer an alternate way of looking at it:

Your preorder was a contract. Microsoft was to deliver a certain product, completed, by a certain date. They failed to meet one of those criteria, namely the date. Had they gone ahead and released anyway they wouldn’t have met the “completed” criterium, so that would have been equally bad. Because they couldn’t meet the terms of the contract they defaulted on it. This means you get your money back, plus if you’re dealing with a really nice company (or have written a good contract for yourself) you’ll get some compensation for damages, like interest over large sums of your money they had for a while, or say if the product is a thousand computers for a new plant you wanted to open today they’ll compensate you for the money you lose not running the plant until you find a way to get those computers elsewhere. In this case the compensation takes the form of a key for Rise of Nations. A sort of similar game, completed, of decent monetary value for you to play while you find another game to buy with your refunded money. This is not to replace the promised game you didn’t get completed by a certain date, that’s what the refund is for, this is compensation for the inconvenience. If you choose to place a new preorder you enter a new contract with new terms. You get the game, completed, by an unspecified date, as well as semi-immediate access to the beta program. This way Microsoft does not do any further damage by not having a release date or not rolling out super quick, because the customers know they’re buying a product without a due date. The missed deadline was for the previous contract, and the customer has been refunded and compensated on that contract.

This is how companies do things when dealing with each other. Missed deadlines happen, and this is professional corporate protocol for dealing with it. If anything it’s a little too professional for dealing with consumers, some of us might have been happier with “We’ll be a month later and maybe still have a kind of broken game then, but we’ll release it. In the mean time we’ll keep your money. Ktnxby.”

TL;DR: The old release date was part of an old contract which is now void, the refund bought out that contract.

@Augustusman said:

@MximusVctorious said:

Why?

U said u r the best and I want to have a competitive match for fun

@MximusVctorious said:

@Augustusman said:

@MximusVctorious said:

Why?

U said u r the best and I want to have a competitive match for fun

I never said that. Where i said that?

@Augustusman said:

I have played the AOE series since the very beginning. This means 20 years of AOE online. I always favored multiplayer games. This means that I have played well over twenty thousand multiplayer games online. Primarily with the original AOE and its expansion RoR (Rise of Rome). I played with the worlds top players developing new strategies. With AOE III I became world number ONE in the official ladders. I applied a few months ago specifically to become a betatester - but never got an answer. Moreover the signup process itself never took me any further than getting “the Newsletter”. I have been counting the days untill today to finally play the game. The developers cancelled the release only a few days in advance? So far the current developers has only been giving me a series of bad experiences. The AOE series only left me with good experiences. Maybe “The definitive edition” is solely a conspiracy to make old addicts definitively hate the game, which they once loved?

That haven’t any sense. They cancelled because the precarious state of beta.

Right in there. I don’t see what the issue is. I’m not insulting u, u said u rose to number one in the world. I always have a hard time finding people to play because they always quit when our score is so different. Plus it’s a challenge since you said u were number one in the world and have played for so long. I just want to play someone of potentially equal caliber.
So I don’t understand why you are being so coy ? Lol but okay then. Enjoy being number one

Augustus was quoting someone else from earlier in this topic, it looks like, but their name fell off.

@MximusVctorious said:

@Augustusman said:

I have played the AOE series since the very beginning. This means 20 years of AOE online. I always favored multiplayer games. This means that I have played well over twenty thousand multiplayer games online. Primarily with the original AOE and its expansion RoR (Rise of Rome). I played with the worlds top players developing new strategies. With AOE III I became world number ONE in the official ladders. I applied a few months ago specifically to become a betatester - but never got an answer. Moreover the signup process itself never took me any further than getting “the Newsletter”. I have been counting the days untill today to finally play the game. The developers cancelled the release only a few days in advance? So far the current developers has only been giving me a series of bad experiences. The AOE series only left me with good experiences. Maybe “The definitive edition” is solely a conspiracy to make old addicts definitively hate the game, which they once loved?

Right in there. I don’t see what the issue is. I’m not insulting u, u said u rose to number one in the world. I always have a hard time finding people to play because they always quit when our score is so different. Plus it’s a challenge since you said u were number one in the world and have played for so long. I just want to play someone of potentially equal caliber.
So I don’t understand why you are being so coy ? Lol but okay then. Enjoy being number one

Excuse me, I did what?

smart decision! Better wait for a better game.

I applied for the beta like a fanatic ages ago possibly multiple times. Was hoping to at least test the single player campaign before that time and it appears I can download it. I only hope I don’t have to wait two weeks till the 19th to play but if that’s the case oh well.

@AgreedCandle882 said:
I applied for the beta like a fanatic ages ago possibly multiple times. Was hoping to at least test the single player campaign before that time and it appears I can download it. I only hope I don’t have to wait two weeks till the 19th to play but if that’s the case oh well.

Well, the beta is over. You’ll have to wait a little longer. :grimace: But you couldn’t play single-player in the beta, anyway.

@MximusVctorious said:

@Augustusman said:

You are aware that’s a quote from someone else? :lol:

It looks like we’ve got a bit of I shot arrow at enemy unit but then ally converted it and arrow hit unit now ally is enemy with me… :slight_smile:

1 Like