Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires

Well there go my holiday plans. I wonder which game I should use to fill the gap.

Iā€™m glad youā€™re taking this seriously though. Iā€™m looking forward to the release.

Hi div1989, sorry but what exactly should I search?

Many years back I learned a saying:
No one will remember that great software was released some months later than previously announced but everyone will remember a release full of bugs delivered at a certain date.

I was actually quite worried that the release is right up on the calendar and we havenā€™t heard anything about the game since Gamescom. But at the same time AoE: DE needs a rock solid launch to ensure the revival of the series, so hopefully it was the right move. Iā€™m waiting for beta!

Well itā€™s good to see that you are trying to make the game as polished as possible before launching it. But I do hope that you will invite everyone who preodered the game and all active forum members to the beta as a compensation.

6 days before release, you announce a delay of potentially anything from 4-6 months?

This is shocking communication. If you felt this badly or uncertain abou the release, why on EARTH have you left this so late?! Why not a month ago?

You need to offer open beta access by the end of the month to all people who signed up months ago, not just another few 100 hundred to access closed beta.

I canā€™t believe you need this much time on a remasterā€¦all I want is an updated, working, perfectly preserved original AOE I not anything new or fancy or with lootboxes in itā€¦please no loot boxes! The way you describe it has me terribly, terribly worried. We donā€™t want any more ā€œmodernisationā€ that absolutely required by functionality (4K, full remap of controls, perfect performance, working map editor, STEAM RELEASE with WORKSHOP support, improvement of audio/music file quality/animations) and thatā€™s about it.

Better communication would go a long wayā€¦

@Ensley03 said:
This is the last thing I needed in my life right now. Was really looking forward to this. What else could possibly need so much testing? The map editor? Just patch that in later. If this is the same races/units/techs/etc as the original, what is left to test?

I feel a bit slighted as I kinda feel I ā€œdeserveā€ a beta invite, since Iā€™ve bought every AOE game ever and put a bazillion hours into them, but I guess other people probably feel similar.

Judging by the preview videos and the constant leaks, itā€™s the unit AI. This is not an easy problem. For example, in Starcraft2 units could ā€œpushā€ other units a bit to handle crowds. Since AOE DE is still effectively running the original under the hood, thatā€™s not easily possible here. So yeah, huge problem, Iā€™m glad they decided to tackle it instead of ignoring it.

I played the beta I feel like this is the right decision. Pathing was awful and the game was sort of full of small bugs. I support this.

Hello, IĀ“m sure this game needs a lot of efforts to be put in, and changing the release date is uderstandable, BUT NOT 6 days before the official release. Thatā€™s not respectfull to the players.

Ah, Microsoft charged me the other day for the release; bummer. Hope theyā€™ll eventually choose me for the beta! Filled out the survey and never heard anything backā€¦

A little more notice would have been preferable and delaying the charges until release.

Sure itā€™s for the best; thank you guys for all your hard work and iā€™m really looking forward to see it finished in its finest glory :slight_smile:

wauw what a ā– ā– ā– ā–  move to change de date 5 days befor releaseā€¦ if it was worth more money to me and the refund went beck to my bank acount instead microsoft account i propabley would have rufunded the game just out of princapelā€¦
i get the fact you want to offer a good game without any bugs but than made the release date not official or chaged it earlyer (for example at the expo). if you want to push the date up a couple of months the least you can do is make a closed beta for all who bought/buy the game.

thinking maybe they donā€™t like the hardware profile of my macbook pro touch barā€¦ being microsoft and all hehehe

OMG no!! Please, was waiting for it so much and now I see for december 2018??

Since I pre-orderd I expect AT LEAST to give us access to the betaā€¦

Very unfortunate. However, if youā€™d release it as ā€˜early accessā€™ in the store, we could just see this as several months of guaranteed post-launch development.

What a joke, and whats an even bigger joke is the Admin telling people, sorry we canā€™t let everyone have BETA access. If you let more people in on the BETA maybe we wouldnā€™t be looking at a 2018 release. I love how Microsoft charges everyones account but leaves them with empty promises. How do we know 2018 doesnā€™t come and the game just outright gets cancelled or pushed back until Q2 of 2018.

There goes tha planned AoE LAN party that weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

Correct decision, must have been a hard one to make but correct decision

Wow, this is really an incredible example of failing communication. Having to delay a game, even for some month, is something that really can happen and I donā€™t have a problem with that.
Announcing a delay of several month just 5 to 6 days before the release and after having charged for the game is quite another matter however. This is ridiculous! If a - as a programmer - told my clients that a release due in 5 days would be delayed for months i would be fired and you simply cannot tell us that this is a new development and you didnā€™t know it before as that would be an outright lie! I am shocked by such a company policy.
I seriously hope for a compensation for those who preordered the gameā€¦

Really?? 31/12/2018 this is the new release date?? I can understand few months. BUT 14???
And I even pay for it.