Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires

Makes sense. Based on what Iā€™ve heard, the Age I DE needed lots of work in the bug department (and lots of players, including myself, expressed dissatisfaction with the graphics, music and UI).

well that renders my booked off time from work useless. Thanks Microsoft

I thinks its good that they dont rush the game while it is not ready yet (Like AOE2HD, which has a lot of problems). And while they are working with the game, people who are invited to the testing can still play the game so its still somethingā€¦

Well iā€™m happy you guys decided to wait, to make the game better, but uhmm

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
( Microsoft Studios )
Quantity 1
Available: Sunday, December 30, 2018

Is december 30 2018 not a bit overshot? O_o

I was so excided to play the game :frowning:

I am disappointed.

I appreciate you, the developer, delaying the game due to issues with development. I look forward to playing AoE when released. Thank-you for offering the option to cancel my pre-order. What about the laptop I purchased to play this game?? I cannot return it. Had I been aware of a delay, I would of waited. If the release date is really Dec 2018, I could of waited to make such large purchase.

My situation to play this game has been a costly one, please ensure the game is the best it can be.

Thanks,
Murdo
Xbox Live

@wiledkiller said:

( Microsoft Studios )
Quantity 1

it is most likely a mistake because it is the last day of the year, which is not a good date to release the game, and if you read the post they state that the game will be released early 2018 (date not specified).

How do we know if we were excepted into the closed beta?? I havenā€™t heard anything.

@tpojat said:

@wiledkiller said:

( Microsoft Studios )
Quantity 1

it is most likely a mistake because it is the last day of the year, which is not a good date to release the game, and if you read the post they state that the game will be released early 2018 (date not specified).

Well this comes from the store

I donā€™t think they will change it to something else. But it can be an error who knows.

I hope now more people get into the betaā€¦

While this isnā€™t anything that I wanted per se, I am very very glad itā€™s happening. Taking more time is ALWAYS better than releasing a mess.

I buy the gameā€¦ i hope a beta access for compensation :slight_smile:

I agree with others. Shockingly poor decision making.

Charged peopleā€™s cards and then days later ā€œoops delay of several monthsā€.

Offering a refund is the right thing to do for those who want to cancel but still leaves a bad taste.

I wonā€™t be cancelling my order but this should have been done better. Decisions made sooner on the delay along with informing people earlier.

Not good.

@mythdracon said:
Makes sense. Based on what Iā€™ve heard, the Age I DE needed lots of work in the bug department (and lots of players, including myself, expressed dissatisfaction with the graphics, music and UI).

Specially graphics, music and UI. Agree 100%.

@MemoryKillGG said:
6 days before release, you announce a delay of potentially anything from 4-6 months?

This is shocking communication. If you felt this badly or uncertain abou the release, why on EARTH have you left this so late?! Why not a month ago?

You need to offer open beta access by the end of the month to all people who signed up months ago, not just another few 100 hundred to access closed beta.

I canā€™t believe you need this much time on a remasterā€¦all I want is an updated, working, perfectly preserved original AOE I not anything new or fancy or with lootboxes in itā€¦please no loot boxes! The way you describe it has me terribly, terribly worried. We donā€™t want any more ā€œmodernisationā€ that absolutely required by functionality (4K, full remap of controls, perfect performance, working map editor, STEAM RELEASE with WORKSHOP support, improvement of audio/music file quality/animations) and thatā€™s about it.

Better communication would go a long wayā€¦

You have my respect. Said all that needed to be said.

@tpojat said:

@wiledkiller said:

( Microsoft Studios )
Quantity 1

This is a ā€œstreet dateā€ or ā€œhold dateā€ itā€™s what any game without a date will post. Itā€™s so you can still pre-order the game
The only thing that holds true is the year. They stated early next year so more than likely February or March. :slight_smile:

Hi,

As everyone says here i also support this delay, but i wish microsoft had done that with MORE respect to customers than was shown. As a pre-release buyer i am sure that we could be warn earlyer. Microsoft did similar actions in other games that lead to end of them, hope this does not happen againā€¦

@Stevenx110 said:
ĀæCuando volveran a regalar el CD de la banda sonora de AoE Definitive Edition? Me encantarƃĀ­a conseguir una copia =)

Hola. Cuando regalaron el CD? Tambien me interesa y no tenƃĀ­a idea de que hubiesen regalado. Me puedes pasar el dato? AlgƃĀŗn link o algo. Gracias.

@LuckyTurtle13 said:

@tpojat said:

@wiledkiller said:

( Microsoft Studios )
Quantity 1

This is a ā€œstreet dateā€ or ā€œhold dateā€ itā€™s what any game without a date will post. Itā€™s so you can still pre-order the game
The only thing that holds true is the year. They stated early next year so more than likely February or March. :slight_smile:

i agree

@MarceloMoura10 said:

@mythdracon said:

Specially graphics, music and UI. Agree 100%.

What was/is wrong with graphics and music? I guess this delay has more to do with AI, lag, game stability and lobby. I doubt we will see any major changes when it comes the graphics.

@ā€œAndy Pā€ said:
Good move. Quality over timeliness has never been a bad decision. Too bad we went date certain and backed out, but whatcha gonna do.

ā€œToo bad we went date certain and backed outā€ huh? Translation: Too bad we promised you a product, took your money for said product, and then decided not to deliver as promised.
ā€œbut whatcha gonna do.ā€ Translation: eh, its no big deal, we at Microsoft can lie to everyone, AND take your money while we are at it, its not like we have morals or anything.

Wow Andy, great job representing Microsoft, you really know how much they care, dont you. /s