Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires

Its okay. Im not in the beta but please fix the pathfinding. There was Sc remastered (I remember it as a good game) but then I played it and think oh my good. Why haven`t they fix this etc etc

This makes me sad, but ist okay.
Take the Time you need. Im not in the Beat, but i think, you done a great Job so far.
I cant wait anymore, but i will :wink:

oh my god we planned to have a party for the release day :frowning: I hope we can get beta access so we can still do it

almeno rilasciate la beta

I hope that pre-buyers get at least one beta access ^^

i want beta !!! are you crazy to delay exit??

From the 19th of this month, to the 31st of December, 2018? Are you serious? I certainly hope this is a mistake because here you say early, on the actual email says end of the year. Be more specific with it. At least give us what you currently have as beta, and let those that pre-ordered months ago, have their experience. I want to play a skirmish game, but that isnā€™t even available in the betaā€¦

Well this is truly disgusting. What incompetence. First they charge people for the game, THEN they wait until itā€™s less than a week from release to announce this delay. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED A MONTH AGO.

The store says this game will be available in 14 and a half months. Another careless mistake? Probably. But maybe not.

Iā€™m cancelling my pre-order on principle and have lost all confidence in MS to manage this project.

@CagierNebula24 said:
Well this is truly disgusting. What incompetence. First they charge people for the game, THEN they wait until itā€™s less than a week from release to announce this delay. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED A MONTH AGO.

The store says this game will be available in 14 and a half months. Another careless mistake? Probably. But maybe not.

Iā€™m cancelling my pre-order on principle and have lost all confidence in MS to manage this project.

Are you an idiot?

@Radical_Zeal said:

@Stevenx110 said:
ĀæCuando volveran a regalar el CD de la banda sonora de AoE Definitive Edition? Me encantarƃĀ­a conseguir una copia =)

El concurso lo realizaron en las cuentas oficiales de Facebook y Twitter. Le dejo el enlace para que lo mire
https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/status/918181375139651584

@Murdo said:
I am disappointed.

I appreciate you, the developer, delaying the game due to issues with development. I look forward to playing AoE when released. Thank-you for offering the option to cancel my pre-order. What about the laptop I purchased to play this game?? I cannot return it. Had I been aware of a delay, I would of waited. If the release date is really Dec 2018, I could of waited to make such large purchase.

My situation to play this game has been a costly one, please ensure the game is the best it can be.

Thanks,
Murdo
Xbox Live

I am in the same situation. I purchased a new laptop to have better hardware and if I had waited I most likely would have had better. Just imagine what I could have had for the same money December 31st 2018 (before you post the Early 2018, I am just quoting my email.)

If you previously signed up for the beta, I would suggest checking to see if you are still signed up for it. When I came to the site this morning to complain about the email, I was confronted with a ā€œSign up for early access betaā€ message. I signed up early summer, took the hardware survey and have been waiting, as soon as I heard about it. My account was removed for some reason. I hope that did not happen to everyone.

Oh nein! Ich hab mir von der Arbeit frei genommen am Donnerstag und Freitag damit ich Age of Empires DE spielen kannā€¦ Bitte lasst mich zumindest an der Beta teilnehmen.

Google Translator:
Oh no! I was released from the work on Thursday and Friday so I can play Age of Empires DE ā€¦ Please let me at least participate in the beta.

compensate with beta keys (insider program)

What? It seems that we are dealing with a small studio and not the Microsoft biggest company of software (maybe the developers are a small team) but if you have a delay for 6 months or more you need to ask for help and more resources to Microsoft . The problem is not thatā€¦ the problem that you will have is that in 2018 release day, the game looks that same that today, and have bugs the people going to burn you. As many of here that delay shouldnā€™t be notified 1 week before the release date. This delay max 2 months ago . And never open the preorders until you was sure on the release day. This is a bad move and the worst move if you release a game with problems on 2018. The solution is so simple, move the release day to the first week of December 2017, close the preorders, until one week near the first week of December, release a big open beta from today and the community will help to accomplish the release day. Ask more resources to Microsoft. Donā€™t tell anybody of the new release day. And sorprise, everyone return their love to AOE because you have a problem but you resolve it in less time, with a Christmas giveaway.

I am an AOE fan from China. I have played AOE for more than 15 years since I were a little boy. Now I have paid for this game as I wish that I could play the definitive cope, but it delays. I am very sad. Could you give me a test qualification, Please? Thanks.

This sucks so hardā€¦ I hiped the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of this game with friends and now it delaysā€¦ Pls I deserve that beta programā€¦

As someone who just preordered this game last night, Iā€™m sincerely starting to feel scammed by this project. There are so many red flags on this project:

• You arenā€™t releasing to Steam, which in fact will drastically cut the community at least by 50%-75%. Thereā€™s no question that this project is already going to suffer from community division.
  • Being incredibly lackluster in community communication, content updates, and status reports of the game.
  • Keeping very quiet and offering close to no video reveals on the project. Seriously, even if the team here honestly feels that the project is not yet ready for release, Iā€™d rather have some media coverage than no media coverage at all.

Sorry, but even as an AoE enthusiast myself, thereā€™s nothing more unprofessional than pulling something like this last minute. The project manager should know this too especially. It doesnā€™t even seem like they can even get a proper release date straight according to the contradiction on your store. Even if only a quarter of the community was going to play this, you may as well effectively cut THAT into another fraction after this terrible marketing move.

Microsoft better start re-evaluating on bringing this project to Steam if they donā€™t want it to be dead by the first week. The games ratings are already down to 1 star on your store page after this gag.

@ā€œOmar Venomā€ said:

@CagierNebula24 said:

Are you an idiot?

Good news, you are apparently a good candidate for employment at Microsoft. Reading carefully is apparently not a requirement.

I was a little sad when i got this news, which the release time has changed. I bought this game as a birthday gift for myself. My birthday is very close to the release date. Because age of empires was my first computer game about 20 years ago. Thanks to this game, i found the beauty of the history and the specific experience of the different culture. But i wrote down this message not because i want to complain the delay, just want to say, i understand the Team and know how hard the made this decision. I believe they will give us a great new game as the first time they gave us. I will flow it and pay close attention for it.