Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires

So 2 days after charging my credit card for the purchase of the Definitive Edition for my sonā€™s PC, the release is delayed. Poor timing. I will continue with the Beta; but expect a reasonable release date (not 2018) or a refund on the purchase.

@xxavatarxx007 said:
From the 19th of this month, to the 31st of December, 2018? Are you serious? I certainly hope this is a mistake because here you say early, on the actual email says end of the year. Be more specific with it. At least give us what you currently have as beta, and let those that pre-ordered months ago, have their experience. I want to play a skirmish game, but that isnā€™t even available in the betaā€¦

Itā€™s only a placeholderā€¦

@SwiftbladeXD said:
As someone who just preordered this game last night, Iā€™m sincerely starting to feel scammed by this project. There are so many red flags on this project:

• You arenā€™t releasing to Steam, which in fact will drastically cut the community at least by 50%-75%. Thereā€™s no question that this project is already going to suffer from community division.
  • Being incredibly lackluster in community communication, content updates, and status reports of the game.
  • Keeping very quiet and offering close to no video reveals on the project. Seriously, even if the team here honestly feels that the project is not yet ready for release, Iā€™d rather have some media coverage than no media coverage at all.

Sorry, but even as an AoE enthusiast myself, thereā€™s nothing more unprofessional than pulling something like this last minute. The project manager should know this too especially. It doesnā€™t even seem like they can even get a proper release date straight according to the contradiction on your store. Even if only a quarter of the community was going to play this, you may as well effectively cut THAT into another fraction after this terrible marketing move.

Microsoft better start re-evaluating on bringing this project to Steam if they donā€™t want it to be dead by the first week. The games ratings are already down to 1 star on your store page after this gag.

Duuuuuude Rockstar kept silence about GTA V a whole year without even announcing on which platforms itā€™s getting released, and almost a year, without anything but a delay for RDR2. So I guess, we can be thankful for what weā€™re getting here.

ā€œA delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.ā€

Ć¢ā‚¬ā€¢ Shigeru Miyamoto

How could you not know until 6 days before release? Sounds like you guys were just racking up pre-orders. Not very professional. You will be forgiven by the community if you add GATES to the game.

When do you release the game Age of Empires Definitive Edition?
On the Windows 10 shoe, is it missing 2018-12-31?
Is it true??

// Sjooboy

Guys, I just pre-ordered the game a day or so ago, a week away from release. I understand that you want to give us as perfect a game as possible, that is really appreciated. That being said, my friends and I are very upset that you announced this less than a week from release. If you were so worried about it, why did you not announce the move earlier? We are all just very confused and upset. Thanks for all that you do. I hope you have very good reasoning for this. It is really not okay. Will still buy and looking forward to it, but please communicate with us properly!

no news no nothing for months then 5 days before release they says it will be delayed to early 2018, what happens to people who pre purchase, how can i refund my money?, I lost hope in this team

I hope really much that I will be selected in the next round of beta invites because im a true beta fanatic of age of empires 1&2.
One side its sad that I canā€™t play the game next week, so I hope my plea reaches ms hq this time despite cysion asking for me =)

Beta greetings from alexandra aka taichi san on age of kings heaven.

Btw for the interested beta fanatics, look on aoe2hd steam workshop for the Age of Empires 2: The Making of project that was created by me but halted due to the amount of work and aoe1de announcement as beta is in the air right now! =)

Itā€™s for 31/12/2018 or 31/12/2018 ?

@Elantipien said:
Itā€™s for 2018/12/31 or 2017/12/31 ?

They said no confirmation date yet, aiming for early 2018.

@EzyWin said:

@MarceloMoura10 said:

@mythdracon said:
Makes sense. Based on what Iā€™ve heard, the Age I DE needed lots of work in the bug department (and lots of players, including myself, expressed dissatisfaction with the graphics, music and UI).

Specially graphics, music and UI. Agree 100%.

What was/is wrong with graphics and music? I guess this delay has more to do with AI, lag, game stability and lobby. I doubt we will see any major changes when it comes the graphics.

Checking the forum threads over the last few days, you will see numerous critiques of the graphics and animations in particular, including things like the main menu and the UI. I doubt they will change these much, but surely some touch-up is possible. At the very least, make it so that soldiers donā€™t die in the same uniform blood ā€œcrossā€ style mark.

@dycaite said:

@Elantipien said:
Itā€™s for 2018/12/31 or 2017/12/31 ?

They said no confirmation date yet, aiming for early 2018.

Ok so itā€™s just for tell a ā€œdateā€ but no to early

Such a HUGE dissapointment, we were a gang celebrating the game and planned a weekend LAN with a AoE-party and stuff, and now this. Shame!

Espero que el retraso sea por haber escuchado a los beta testers y haber implementado sus ideas como mejoras del juego. Por lo que pude ver es que casi todos los jugadores esperan mejoras en el juego, nuevo contenido y nuevas mecƃĀ”nicas, no un simple ā€œlavado de caraā€. Yo espero lo mismo.

I am an AOE fan from Japan. I have played AOE for more than 10 years. I want to join beta test, and cooperate adjusting game balance . Thanks.

bully Microsoft always do something like this. If itā€™s not fully ready yet then donā€™t open your stinking mouth and make the announcement yet despicable jerks.

@Phazera said:
Such a HUGE dissapointment, we were a gang celebrating the game and planned a weekend LAN with a AoE-party and stuff, and now this. Shame!

This response reminded me of a Donald Trump tweet.

Wow what a huge bummerā€¦

@Alexandra said:
I hope really much that I will be selected in the next round of beta invites because im a true beta fanatic of

This not help you. You have all requirements?