Age of Empires: DE Release Update - Age of Empires

@RentedWolf25551 said:
I am very disapointed. I was looking forward to Thursday to buy and play

Believe me the game was/is broken.

I suspect that the unfortunate sudden and longish delay came about quickly and only after some kind of group decision was made. I doubt there is someone who misplayed this hand rather than a series of things that led to this moment. Like I doubt it is some specific personā€™s fault. Things happen, and often we tend to read into things and envision some specific shadowy figure intentionally messing around or idiotically bungling things up. Itā€™s often neither.

Can I please - please get invited? My laptop is fully prepared and Iā€™m fully loaded for it already. Wololo.

@ā€œAndy Pā€ said:
I suspect that the unfortunate sudden and longish delay came about quickly and only after some kind of group decision was made. I doubt there is someone who misplayed this hand rather than a series of things that led to this moment. Like I doubt it is some specific personā€™s fault. Things happen, and often we tend to read into things and envision some specific shadowy figure intentionally messing around or idiotically bungling things up. Itā€™s often neither.

I agree, shit happens. Also I did expect this already and stated it from the beginning that they couldnā€™t expect to do decent larger beta test in just 3 months with still on paper a very select beta audience to deliver their brand new product on time and with high quality regarding all kinds of different available hardware these days on which it should be able to work. With AOE Online it took them more than one year to get a lot of things right and balanced too. Also not everyone has a 4K screen and Geforce 1050 or better to play their games on. I donā€™t have to complain with my 3 year old laptop with i7, 32 GB, 1 TB SSD and a GF760M.

Letā€™s look at it in a positive way, at least the E.O.L. will move the same amount of time ahead too. :wink:

Or will it really become a definitive edition?

More important, now there are still chances to become a beta tester. Theyā€™ve managed to get a general console basher joining their XBOX insider app from the Windows Store. Thatā€™s quiet an accomplishment already actually. :slight_smile:

Well being totally honest, I donā€™t hate game consoles. I was a Donkey Kong king at very young age on a Atari 600 XL console. So it got boring playing it around and around again, thatā€™s where I started developing my first programming skills in BASIC.

Jengah i think the sameā€¦ i pre-ordered the game, and waiting with expectation to the releaseā€¦ people that have pre-ordered the game should have access to betaā€¦ should be the right thing.

Soā€¦ people that even dont pay a single $$ have accessā€¦ and people that pay dont haveā€¦ come onā€¦ thats really unfairā€¦

Calm down people, donā€™t get so mad because the game got delayed in order to polish the game instead of releasing a bad quality product and then having to deal with the player database hatefulness because they got a broken game.

So avoid any bad word / behaviour in these forums and wait for it. Cheers!

I agree with you kingdarboja, im not angry, and of course prefer a finished and very good game than an ā€œopen beta for $$$ā€ but with all the expectations we really wanted to play it, or try itā€¦ i think that giving the chance of try the game is not negative for the community, especially the people that already bought the game, people that pre-ordered, is people that loved the game so much since his launch in 1997 likewise Aoe 2, and the sudden delay is like a stab in the heart T_T.

Peace and greetings for all.

Sorry for my bad english btwā€¦

@Arngrim560 said:
I agree with you kingdarboja, im not angry, and of course prefer a finished and very good game than an ā€œopen beta for $$$ā€ but with all the expectations we really wanted to play it, or try itā€¦ i think that giving the chance of try the game is not negative for the community, especially the people that already bought the game, people that pre-ordered, is people that loved the game so much since his launch in 1997 likewise Aoe 2, and the sudden delay is like a stab in the heart T_T.

Your ares saying that the money show the loveā€¦ to otherā€¦
Sorry but the best is form to show love is supporting the team, I mean patience.
I said this before, the beta isnā€™t a early access. Or demo. If Iā€™m right they donā€™t let you test all game, they let see some maps and a very awful side or the game.

While somewhat disappointing, if it leads to a better game then I am more than happy the respect is being taken.
I just hope the final release window is a smart one so the game wonā€™t get drowned out.

ƐĀ­Ć‘ā€šĆĀ¾ Ƒā€žĆĀøƐĀ°Ć‘ĀĆĀŗƐĀ¾, ƐĀ±Ć‘ā‚¬ĆĀ°Ć‘ā€šĆĀ°ĆĀ½ (ƑĀ)

You really cant expect us to fund your development before you have released the gameā€¦what is happening to the gaming world!!! 1. The developers always have an idea of time scale and to leave it a week to do a trial is very late in knowing its not ready. 2.If when I went to get my daughters doll for Christmas and I only got half and a promise that the other half would come after Christmas would that doll be fit for purpose or like its advertised? but the price we paid wasnā€™t reducedā€¦3.false advertising is crime so why would this situation be any different, we need to wake up

@Augustusman said:

@Arngrim560 said:

Your ares saying that the money show the loveā€¦ to otherā€¦
Sorry but the best is form to show love is supporting the team, I mean patience.
I said this before, the beta isnā€™t a early access. Or demo. If Iā€™m right they donā€™t let you test all game, they let see some maps and a very awful side or the game.

Sorry but yes, in the world of enterprises, money dont show the love, money means everythingā€¦ the game is not a girfriend, is a hard work make by developers that are payed for do the game, if no one gives money, in the release for example and the game sells 0, forgert to see anymore an age of empires series.

And people that pre ordered show the love, giving his money even without testing the game, putting his thoughts blind in a work well done.

@Radical_Zeal said:

@Stevenx110 said:
ĀæCuando volveran a regalar el CD de la banda sonora de AoE Definitive Edition? Me encantarƃĀ­a conseguir una copia =)

@Stevenx110 said: Hola. le comparto un enlace para participar en el CD de la banda sonora de AoE DE. =) https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/status/920697505993461760

I dont want the refoud! WE need the game :frowning:

@Player957024760 said:
I dont want the refoud! WE need the game :frowning:

The game isnā€™t ready. Probably broken.

Keep up polishing the game then, I am sure everyone will rather the game to come out with as fewer problems as possible just like in the old pre online patch days.
Just do not forget that if you need more testers there are certainly a lot of people who would be eager to help with that.

I have played the AOE series since the very beginning. This means 20 years of AOE online. I always favored multiplayer games. This means that I have played well over twenty thousand multiplayer games online. Primarily with the original AOE and its expansion RoR (Rise of Rome). I played with the worlds top players developing new strategies. With AOE III I became world number ONE in the official ladders. I applied a few months ago specifically to become a betatester - but never got an answer. Moreover the signup process itself never took me any further than getting ā€œthe Newsletterā€. I have been counting the days untill today to finally play the game. The developers cancelled the release only a few days in advance? So far the current developers has only been giving me a series of bad experiences. The AOE series only left me with good experiences. Maybe ā€œThe definitive editionā€ is solely a conspiracy to make old addicts definitively hate the game, which they once loved?

very very dessapointed. Please take this several time to add the game something like ā€œtime passsā€ to show DAY & NIGHT transcurredā€¦ will be AMAZING show team battle march with tourch or candles on his hands or team leadersā€¦

PLEASE ADD Day & Night or Rain, Wind, Sand storm to interact enviromentā€¦ xD

wow wie immer das gleiche mƃĀ¼sst ihr nun auch noch EA nachmachen erst groƃÅø machen das spiel kurz vor release und dann verschieben echt traurig von euch aber hey ihr habt das geld also gz zum gleichstand mit EA und Apple hauptsache das gekd kommt scheiƃÅø auf die kundschaft !