Age of Empires: Definitive Edition announcement trailer

@“Andy P” said:
Didn’t know you saw that I flagged it. I thought I was flagging it just for the other moderators to see. We are all new to this software, and I am trying to figure out what is going on with the fact that the auto-censor didn’t censor your f-bomb.

So confused…why would it not let us just MOD EDIT the word and leave it all up? Nothing is working the same as we are use to…bare with us everyone…this forum is new to us also…

I just realized that we can mod edit, Wulf, by clicking on the little black gear thing on the right-hand side and go to edit on the drop down menu. maybe I should just do that next time. I feel like I am typing with mittens on right now. Seriously have no idea what all these buttons do.

@smitske said:
If there is so much sensitivity about that I’ll just edit it, if the software would allow it.

Thanks. Just trying to call balls and strikes the way MS wants us to do so. Lord knows I have the mouth of a sailor everywhere but here. haha

Why did they choose for the name “definitive” actually?

@MCJim said:

cuz definitely we are going to get it? ಥ_ಥ

@“Tibur the Great” said:

@MCJim said:

cuz definitely we are going to get it? ಥ_ಥ

We got AoE2:HD as well, but they didn’t call it that way :neutral:

@MCJim said:

I have seen HD Edition, Extended Edition, Definitive Edition and Steam Edition. They are all indicate a game was re-released with some level of modification which differentiates it from the original release.

@kant said:
FE only does campaign work, as far as I know, so it must be some other team doing the programming work. Is that right?

The forgotten empires website released a post the other day saying that they had hired two of the people who worked at Ensemble Studios back in the day. If I read it correctly, they were on the programming team.

So even if they didn’t have programmers on before (which I doubt), they do now.

@Plasticcaz said:

@kant said:
FE only does campaign work, as far as I know, so it must be some other team doing the programming work. Is that right?

The forgotten empires website released a post the other day saying that they had hired two of the people who worked at Ensemble Studios back in the day. If I read it correctly, they were on the programming team.

So even if they didn’t have programmers on before (which I doubt), they do now.

In the past they did not do that work but indeed with those hires they might be doing it now and have cut out skybox labs, which can only be a positive thing since skybox made a mess of things.

Im so excited they are bringing back the original AOE!!!

@“Andy P” said:

@kant said:

I do not believe that to be the case. I believe that FE is the outside studio hired by MS to develop AoE2 HD and AoM:Extended Edition. In that capacity, they did the programming for all parts of the release of those old games.

You would be wrong on that, skybox does the programming and are responsible for patching and FE designs and balances both those games as well as the expansions. Skybox messes up the programming though so hopefully this time they are not involved.

@“Andy P” said:

@kant said:

I do not believe that to be the case. I believe that FE is the outside studio hired by MS to develop AoE2 HD and AoM:Extended Edition. In that capacity, they did the programming for all parts of the release of those old games.

You would be wrong on that, skybox does the programming and are responsible for patching and FE designs and balances both those games as well as the expansions. Skybox messes up the programming though so hopefully this time they are not involved.

@“Andy P” said:

@kant said:

@“Andy P” said:

@kant said:

esperemos que el juego este bien equilibrado ya que esas graficas son magnifica.