Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Art Update!

I think the art is generally (what i have seen) good but the late game archers lack detail. The over all colours are extremely gray. In the original you have alot of strong bright colours and the pictures i have now seen seem like you would watch the game trough sun glasess.

am like the persian empire

Looks really good !

Excellent upgrade to the graphics :slight_smile:

Excellent graphic, the game seems to be becoming much more realistic. Congratulations to the arts team !!!

Anxiety only increases every minute that goes by. Soon release the BETA version for us to enjoy.

Great improvement in graphical richness but how about performance ?

Looks good, does not lose the style of the old AoE. I really like the detail on the new town center.

Iā€™m not that fond of the new Roman style colours, I liked the old grey version much better. But overall the new style is amazing. :open_mouth:

omg, they are excellent, good job guys :D:D:D:D we are waiting for the beta, hurry up!

Can we hope that this mod will feature unique unit looks for all cultures, like Asian Longswordsmen or Babylonian Hoplites differ from Greek and Roman ones?

I canā€™t wait to see what have you made with the greekā€™s bronze age.

Are Mirror Towers still going to be in the game, along with shotgun wielding tricycle babies?

I love the new Asian barracks! That said all the remake art is looking really polished, in trailer and out. Great work so far!

Some feedback on the micro videos played on https://www.ageofempires.com/, some graphical glitches can be noticed and should be paid attention to :
-Impression that some soldiers donā€™t really ā€˜attackā€™ the one in front of them. (they attack ā€˜airā€™)
-Some animations are stuck on rotating cavalries.
-When a unit wants to move beyond another, the second unit ā€˜slidesā€™ on the ground, that gives a similar bad impression as on Empire Earth 3.
-The impact of catapult/ballista bullet isā€¦ cheap, I prefer the old one.
-Some death animations look like the guys are ā€˜slidingā€™ on the ground (archers), thatā€™s too much ā€˜playmobilā€™, on AoE that was more ā€˜roughā€™. Similar for dying cavalries, the horses seem to ā€˜jumpā€™ as they die.

About this article : Attention to stay near the original and donā€™t go too far away, for exemple the new roman town center is strange as itā€™s red and blue instead of grey and white.

Additional element :
-Pay attention to the ā€˜readabilityā€™ of units on the ground. The original game was very good on this : the ground was very light, the units were strong on the ground. But I see less readability on current videos/screenshots of the remaster, the ground is darker, and units have darker parts too, it loses some ā€˜joyā€™ and clearliness somehow.

Lookā€™s really good canā€™t wait for more.

Looks Magnificent! Excited to see how the new AI and Gameplay will turn out.

ā€œWould you like to see more ā€¦?ā€ Yes I do!

Great !!