Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Art Update!

Awesome art!

@Danicela said:
About this article : Attention to stay near the original and donā€™t go too far away, for exemple the new roman town center is strange as itā€™s red and blue instead of grey and white.
Wait. Reshingling the roof constitutes straying too far from the original game?

I mean, you are making me research architecture here, but I suppose thatā€™s part of the charm of this franchise, so weā€™ll go with it. It looks like imprex and tegula roofs were generally made with fired clay, anyway. So reddish brown seems more appropriate, no?

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ my bug message is now displayed 20 timesā€¦ sorry for that, I thought some filter prevented URLs in comments and I repost until it worked, if some moderator can delete the double messages except last one and including this comment, thank you.

LOVE this little sneak peak at the new art. Looks great. I am glad they are still in the same design butā€¦ prettier :wink:

hola quiero descargarlo y jugar ya en que pc funciona ? requicitos?

Magnifique ! #Nostalgie

Excellent Job guys!!!

I hope that too:

@ThaneWulfgharn said:
Can we hope that this mod will feature unique unit looks for all cultures, like Asian Longswordsmen or Babylonian Hoplites differ from Greek and Roman ones?

I am an old aoe gamer and I have to say that Iā€™m really impressed by all the work you guys are doing. The new buildings look really great! Well, it would be awsome if the diferent cultures got diferent unit looks, too.

I really like them for the most part! One thing that Iā€™m not to fond of is the red roof on the roman building, it just doesnā€™t feel like the original graphic at all. Also I find all the art is quite dark and muted. Part of what a lot of people liked so much about the original AOE was how bright and high contrast all the visuals were.

wow, canā€™t wait to try it out!

These high res textures look awesome!

oh man i cant wait !!!

This is great! I appreciate how the crew has taken already great looking designs and enhanced them to look even better. Canā€™t wait to try this for myself!

Looks great as a visual update without going overboard on it, needs to keep the retro feel after allā€¦ Keep up the good work!

great new look not too different from the original, cant wait till its release date!

Babylonian was always my go to civilization, seems like it will be this time around too

I like how they made the Babylonian building look more like the gardens of Babylon might have looked, its pretty fresh!

@Danicela said:
Additional element :
-Pay attention to the ā€˜readabilityā€™ of units on the ground. The original game was very good on this : the ground was very light, the units were strong on the ground. But I see less readability on current videos/screenshots of the remaster, the ground is darker, and units have darker parts too, it loses some ā€˜joyā€™ and clearliness somehow.

This. The new art is close to perfect except for this fact. I hope it can be adjusted.

@ā€œAndy Pā€ said:

@Danicela said:
About this article : Attention to stay near the original and donā€™t go too far away, for exemple the new roman town center is strange as itā€™s red and blue instead of grey and white.
Wait. Reshingling the roof constitutes straying too far from the original game?

I mean, you are making me research architecture here, but I suppose thatā€™s part of the charm of this franchise, so weā€™ll go with it. It looks like imprex and tegula roofs were generally made with fired clay, anyway. So reddish brown seems more appropriate, no?

I understand but I always indentified, ingame, red-ish roofs as greek civilizations and grey-ish roofs as roman civilizations. Personally Iā€™m not that fond of the recolour but I still think it looks nice.

When does the closed beta start? I never played the first game and I am super excited. I started with part 2 when I was a child.