Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Audio Update! - Age of Empires

Cordial Saludo. Las nuevas muestras de audio de AoE DE suenan muy bien. La voz de conversión del los sacerdotes “Wololo” suena como debe ser, la música ambiente es envolvente y me traen a la memoria la nostalgia del antiguo Age of Empires. Espero que los desarrolladores de Age of Empires y Forgotten Empires pueda traer más adelante las voces en mi idioma materno.

Wonder if they’ll change the WOLOLO sound xD
Edit: Just saw that they have… How’d i miss that?

That sounds reeeeaaally fantastic! I love the way how the music sounds. It is better and in the same time keeps the nostalgia spirit. Good job! Can’t wait to hear the full OST!

So many memories with the old background music omg !!!

I, for one, look forward to hearing the rest of the remastered track. Of course, if they do add an option for old and remastered tracks in game, that would be great! The sample we have sounds wonderful, but being able to revert to the old track on the fly would be great for the nostalgia trip.

oh my god, sounds like to Age Of Empires 2

The old version is also always available in classic mode
OMG Yes! I like the new version but this just made my day :smiley:

May we have separate audio sliders to adjust the volume of certain ‘loud’ and/or repetitious sounds? For example, the battle horn in AoE2 and 3 are very loud and repetitive, and a few of the units are, similarly, annoying (monk conversions and twinkles). Just use your best judgment to give us a few extra sliders you think a fair number of people might want. For battle horn, maybe even a ‘frequency’ slider so we can adjust how often it sounds (e.g., |infrequent|----|normal|----|frequent|)

Oh, yes! That sound incredible! I hope the soundtrack will be available for sale. I’d love to listen to the remastered tracks at work!

What a relief, Wololo sounds great!

Wololooo… now thats a sound i’ve haven’t heard in a loooong time :slight_smile:

I’m, really looking forward to this!!!

Awesome. It sounds just like home, i love it!

wololooo < 3

It’s not Vangelis but that new soundtrack will do…

Just kidding. Nice job guys.

Usually I prefer original music compared to remixed ones, but this one has something great !

Excellent job :slight_smile: The music brought a smile to my face, felt like a child again

This is amazing. Wonderful work on these soundtracks, Old School brought back so many memories and New Age felt dynamic, yet familiar~ Keep up the great work.

Amazing Songs !!!

I 100% agree with the sentiment that the new soundtrack isn’t close enough to the old. It’s pretty great sounding but… for nostalgias sake it needs to be brought closer. shouldn’t be too hard to tweak it. Perhaps too much reverb as people have been mentioning, also some of the instruments that were once the focus of the track are now rather muted and in the background. Still, keep up the awesome work, will be great to see the finished result! ((I also would miss the bright white Roman/Carth buildings of the old game which are kind of iconic and stark in memory. The white town centre with it’s big fat goblet is such a warm, nostalgic feeling for me, to the point I almost feel at home just on seeing it. ))

One thing I strangely loved in the original game’s ROR expansion was the level in the demo, I’d LOVE a remaster of that. I’ve played through ROR in it’s entirety and strangely the level I loved most was the one in the ROR demo! Having the red guys up to the left beside you, the yellow across the sea with their scary fleet… The fun of taking out the fleet just to exploit their docks for Gold! :stuck_out_tongue: Ah, fond memories. I hope I’m not the only one loved that level.

NEVER MIND: http://i.imgur.com/dfiXYRo.jpg
Thank you soo much! <3 Just realised that level’s in the trailer

Great stuff so far! Am glad you are spending so much time on the audio and its subtle nuances. That’s a big component that I feel AoE III missed compared to AoE II.