Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Audio Update! - Age of Empires

@Timaholic73 said:
The new soundtrack sounds great but there should be an option added to play with the original soundtrack.

YES !!!
And an option to disable ROR extension music (I hate them except maybe 1 or 2max)

The sounds were very good. Congratulations AOE team

The new soundtrack is beautiful how ever I agree with Tgaud, it sounds too different and does not provide the same feeling

OMG this new song is pretty awesome!!

I totally agree with @Tgaud.

The music is really great, but you have to make it more simple, more tribal.

Good music!

I agree with Tguad & Luxin, I think the music should sound more original.
Donā€™t get me wrong, I actually think the new music is great!, but like luxin said, more simple and tribal is best imo. I believe it was part of the originalā€™s game success. The new Wololo is fine with me, the music sounds different. Modify it some more so that is sounds more like the original. Either way good job guys!

well the New Music is Amazing but i agree with the other we need somthing more tribal the new one is good but is more relaxing music than the music a conqueror need to win a match.

I like it so far. The music is different and still familiar. The wololo is still the same, but with a bit more dept.

i would love to have an option to play with the old and new sounds

tihs is nice :smiley: i love tihs new sound and music

@BriskMoon31 said:
Please bring back the ā€˜BATTLE of TUNESā€™ from aoeror expansion to the definitive edition. Iā€™ve like played it 100 times and still like to play it.

They confirmed it will be in the game :slight_smile:

i hope Sick Sate Rittim gets remastered its the song that made me want to play the game all the time when i was a kid

Also Iā€™m not a big fan of the new audio. The NARRATION! Is he speaking like Shakespeare? Come on, itā€™s 3000 earlier and this kind of speaking definitely will not bring me back to that era. I canā€™t tell I like which Wololo. The new one is strong and eager to persuade, meanwhile, the old one is effortless. Maybe I chose the old one, ancient religion is not like the inquisition. At last the background music, the OLD ONE! the old one is like a percussion with distinctive beats, and the tone color is from simple instruments like newly made from stone or bamboo. Every one can remember the old background music for it has a strong characteristics. NO SYMPHONY PLS!

@Tgaud said:
I actually think it would be clever to balance the musics.
For stone Age, and tool age, having AOE1 musics.
For iron age, having a mix of AOE and ROR musics.

I couldnā€™t agree more!

The vanilla AOE OST was more primitive, and the RoR one fits the later ages better.

Better yet, in scenarios the designer should be able to choose the playlist.

Personally I loved how the music dynamically changed in AOE 3, but I donā€™t know where everyone else stands on that.

I think the new sounds are pretty great. Just remember to keep the essence of AoE I. We need to feel de age rushing us by.

Giving us the option to change between new and ā€œnostalgicā€ sounds is key to keep the audience happy, because, at the end of the day, itā€™s a remasterization. And remaster needs to like to new and old players.

Letā€™s go !!! When ?

@Player456816542 said:
Also Iā€™m not a big fan of the new audio. The NARRATION! Is he speaking like Shakespeare? Come on, itā€™s 3000 earlier and this kind of speaking definitely will not bring me back to that era.

I totally agree with your coment on the narration. It just feels like a theater of some sort. It needs to be more barbaric or military imo. As for the rest im ok with it. Just donā€™t go too far from the original AoE

This new wololooo just more desire to play

Stunning work with the OST track! It must have been difficult to add depth to the music while preserving the original feel, yet you managed to do that. Really looking forward to the other track, keep up the excellent job!