Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Audio Update! - Age of Empires

Iā€™m a songwrighter of a band and the music of Age of Empires 1 and 2 always inspires me to compose new songs. Does anyone know who wrote the songs? A big THANK YOU to this guy! The new remastered soundtrack is awesome! (yes, I miss some parts, particularly the ā€œpizzicato stringā€ one of the old song that was replaced by an other instrument and melody) but hey, this is a NEW version so itā€™s obviuos that there are some changes. I like it very much and in my opinion, the nostalgic feeling about it is still there.
I would also love a new version of the AoE II soundtrack for the HD Edition. Keep up the good work! Letā€™s make Age of Empires great again xD

@EnoughSiren1671 said:
The old version of the music sounds a bit more modern than the one from the game.
I recorded the old tracks from the Disc in the early days. Is there any source i can legally download the original soundtrack in high quality?

For me the new music sounds great! Maybe you can add an ingame menue like in the early C&Cā€™s where we can choose which songs will be played and add the original songs, too.

Age of Empires -Collectors Edition Amazon.co.uk

Has the soundtrack on disc :slight_smile:

Its totally missing Drums musicā€¦ Please put them back !
If not it will only be a modernā€¦ but empty copy of the originals music.

I LOVED IT ! PLEASE, make BIGGER Colosseum AND MONUMENTTS, must have proportion ! i beg you !!!

Thanks Todd Masten for the clarification.

Call me a nostalfag, but i prefer the old version of the song, the new one is just way too different

Hi, forum noob here! how do I access the beta version and when ? thanks lads & lassesā€¦

at first i was like its totally different but then @ 1:23 it made me smile

Suena Genial, Se ve Genial, a la espera de la Beta!!! :smiley:

The new background music is nice but you canā€™t beat the original soundtrack. I hope they donā€™t stray too far from that.

The original soundtrack was reallyā€¦really really goodā€¦ I like the new version, but try not to alter the original melodies too much please.

Wow, the music is so niceā€¦ the original theme enchancedā€¦ beautifullā€¦ cant wait to play!!!

hi a question about thei nsider program, if we are not selected, do we get an e-mail? or do we keep waiting for the invite that will never come? :c

@sonictimm said:

@Tgaud said:
I actually think it would be clever to balance the musics.
For stone Age, and tool age, having AOE1 musics.
For iron age, having a mix of AOE and ROR musics.

I couldnā€™t agree more!

The vanilla AOE OST was more primitive, and the RoR one fits the later ages better.

Better yet, in scenarios the designer should be able to choose the playlist.

Personally I loved how the music dynamically changed in AOE 3, but I donā€™t know where everyone else stands on that.

Definitely agree with all of this. There was something really awesome about the vanilla AOE soundtrack, and hopefully they will give us options like that to use the different soundtracks. I especially hope they at least make the game play the Vanilla soundtrack, followed by the ROR one. There is nothing quite like starting up a new game to hear that first song! Oh the nostalgia!

That last one audio, took me right back at my first games in aoe, and every single one after that. I have age of empires so emotionally printed on me; much wow, such nostalgic.

I really enjoy the majority of the updated sounds. However, I feel as if the background music was altered a bit too much from the original. Thanks!

New music sounds good but a bit too orchestral for my taste, I just hope that we can choose between new and old sounds. The narration sounds great.

I heard there is going to be a classic mode, but will it also be possible to configure the game to your liking? That is: play the game with updated gameplay, but choose if you want new or old graphics and/or music? For me music and sound are the most important in the nostalgia feeling, so it would be nice to be able to set that to the original!

I like the new music sounds but the old music is than better, thatā€™s my opinion

The original has that classic retro nostalgic feel to it which is hard to beat, but the new instrumental take has a sort of awe inspiring realistic presence. Honestly I canā€™t decide which I prefer; I really like the woodwind instrument part of the new version though.