Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, Audio Update! - Age of Empires

The music is an awesome improvement, honestly canā€™t wait for the release.

New music is so beautiful. Must be hard to make an improvement on an already amazing soundtrack but I think its great. I wouldnā€™t have the new version any other way. Canā€™t wait to get my hands on my very first game again, in itā€™s new glory!

New music is so beautiful. Must be hard to make an improvement on an already amazing soundtrack but I think its great. I wouldnā€™t have the new version any other way. Canā€™t wait to get my hands on my very first game again, in itā€™s new glory

Sounds great!! Iā€™m looking forward to hearing the full Soundtrack!!

The new track is great, but as others have expressed I feel there is a bit too much going on with it. It lacks the simple drive and beat of the original. We must remember that this is supposed to be a game soundtrack - there will be lotā€™s of other things going on like sword clashes and whololols, all added togheter it can become a bit off a mess unless the music is simple and catchy

The more I listen the new music, the more I like it :slight_smile:

@Ksawery said:

It is completely natural process. People tend to like things more as they are getting used to it.

@Zsombro said:

@Ksawery said:

It is completely natural process. People tend to like things more as they are getting used to it.

It depends on the kind of music. I hate some kinds of music and I have listened them lots of time in public places. :wink:

I think the new track is obviously a far more polished piece of music, the original is classic and I love the soundtrack, donā€™t get me wrong - but the new music has that polished feel that I think will combine with the new visual depths to be even more immersive.

@GepardenKalle said:
The new track is great, but as others have expressed I feel there is a bit too much going on with it. It lacks the simple drive and beat of the original. We must remember that this is supposed to be a game soundtrack - there will be lotā€™s of other things going on like sword clashes and whololols, all added togheter it can become a bit off a mess unless the music is simple and catchy

you have a point but Rise of Nations ( another game i played to death :tongue: ) had a pretty busy orchestral soundtrack and it complemented well into the action of the game, which is equally ( if not more ) chaotic as aoe- i guess we just have to try the beta to see how it fits.

Narration and Wololo are great, but music needs to be ā€œsimplerā€ to reflect the early ages in my opinion. Also in the old soundtrack 00:49 - 01:10 was my favourite part and itā€™s completely gone. :expressionless:

The new music is nice, but they kinda cheated with the old one: They used the midi version, not the redbook one.

Comparing the new one with this would be a better comparison in terms of quality

@BrazenThrower9 said:
The new music is nice, but they kinda cheated with the old one: They used the midi version, not the redbook one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-SjQLhTXXM
Comparing the new one with this would be a better comparison in terms of quality

Wow seriously this is not nice to doā€¦ I think that this version wins out of all threeā€¦

I like the new music but I agree that the part between 00:49 and 01:10 in the original one should have stayed

Yes, the new music sounds great, but just like the others are suggesting, could it be possible to keep the part between 00:49 and 01:10?

I really wish that you could remaster the original music but without changing anything with recording high quality drums. and many drums playing the music synchronous instead of one. it would make a very impressive effect as the town grows and the age past
you can add some echo too

the music you made is ā€œniceā€ you can recognize the old one byt there is no more ā€œstoryā€ to it. the story was ā€œlisten the drums and old instrument its the beginning of humanity, rawā€
now, we lost the soul. the drums is here but totally in background without vibration
its not bad but no feelingsā€¦
its more like an age of empire3 music than age of empire1ā€¦

Add more drums ! pleaseā€¦

@BrazenThrower9 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-SjQLhTXXM

omg the drums! even in rise of rome music ! exactly what is missing in the new

i liked the echo effect on the new wolololo. :slight_smile:

@GepardenKalle said:

Itā€™s not that thereā€™s to much going on with it, I think itā€™s that (like most covers and remixes) the artists get bored and maybe a feel obligated to change more so they mess with the timing to trip us up and keep our attention but like you say, thatā€™s not appropriate for gaming. There is lots of structured rhythm theory that can keep a song fresh without outright skipping notes and disregarding timing dynamics.
They did a great job with the new instruments in recapturing that dreamy wanderlusting Aegean mariner vibe, It totally feels like weā€™re hugging the coast on the Med with a hull full of spices. Last stop Alexandria!

Please just leave the old music at a higher bitrateā€¦ Music does not need to be replaced, it does not age like the graphics does. Rise of Rome soundtrack is a timeless masterpiece.