Age of Empires: Definitive Edition - Content Update 3 - Age of Empires

@Mumphdog said:
When I build a Wall around my city, there is no option to build a GATE??? does anyone know how to build a gate?

Isn’t possible in this game.

thanks for everything you all are doing this is a awesome update!!!

Still doesn’t work. Will this game be fixed anytime soon? Wanted to play this for a long time and now very disappointed that its broke.

Launches…but crashes 3 minutes in! everytime

Sadly, there are way more problems & issues that need fixing than just CTDs and MS Store issues:

1. Unbalanced maps: In the second mission in “Reign of the Hittites” campaign you are against 4 AI opponents and first 5 minutes they throw all in - slingers, cavalry, camel riders, catapults and 3 buffed priest with 150HP. It’s nearly impossible to handle even on Easy! That being said, most “Voices of Babylon” missions are a cakewalk on Hardest! Did anyone play-tested campaigns at all?

2. Path-finding: units glitch & block even in open terrain & it’s even worse than in original AOE1 - probably because of extra rotation angles. This needs urgent fixing!

3. Ugly when zoomed in: You have to sacrifice field of view if you want to zoom in or you will be watching a blurry mess. Why don’t you enable all levels of enlargement in-game? You are telling me that current gen of computers cannot handle smooth scaling of 2D sprites?

4. Resource hogging: My gaming laptop’s GPU is almost always at 100% (GeForce 1070 GTX) and I need to switch it to Sport Mode because the standard one stutters. I still get occasional hick-ups on larger maps.

5. Lack of innovation, lack of enhancements: 20 years was more than enough to gather great feedback and add numerous features. Instead, almost nothing was done to streamline the gameplay; the transport ships can still unload units on both shores of narrow rivers / you can’t set unit gather point before the building is finished / when you press restart, the game loads last save instead of… restarting / fonts are ugly and messages are relatively small and you don’t get any prompts when a research is done… you do get a notice each time you want to use Attack Ground command!

Overall, this revamp shouldn’t be sold as a finished product… Early Access would’ve been more appropriate. In comparison, when I see & play other 90s remasters of AoE II, Baldur’s Gate or Monkey Island, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition looks underwhelming & unpolished. Please take cue from open-source projects like CorsixTH, OpenTTD or ZDoom - people behind them had way less resources & made amazing games that play great to this very day!

Please fix the game & take your time. Add mod support. Thank you.

@BazingaPete…classic mode was working better…got to play for about 10 minutes before it crashed. Saved games all crash within 1 minute. Come on Microsoft!

Did not fix the problem when trying to start a match. The game closes and the store opens randomly. So unprofessional. I bought the game weeks ago and I still can’t play it

the game closes at the star of the app i cant play . the app only show a black screan and 5 seconds more the app close the game , i cant play , fix this problem

Seriously, you’re Microsoft, the largest software company in the world and you can’t launch a bug free game??? After this latest update I cant even get through the opening splash screen. Some answers would be appreciated…

@SanjudasDJ said:
the game closes at the star of the app i cant play . the app only show a black screan and 5 seconds more the app close the game , i cant play , fix this problem

Sometimes I find the black screen is there a while but if you wait a little bit the game starts. Try giving it 60 seconds.

@SexyChinaMan said:

@SanjudasDJ said:

Sometimes I find the black screen is there a while but if you wait a little bit the game starts. Try giving it 60 seconds.

Also, try downloading a free app from microsoft store, when it starts downloading cancel it and then restart aoe. This works for me.

when is there going to be a fix for the game not syncing to xbox live… ? still happens, reset app, reloaded app, tried everything mentioned by support and still it will not sync and the game will not play…

Still got the problem with verification forcing me to install an app from the store before I can launch AoEDE. Not gonna return until it is properly fixed, this is just too anyoing.

if your having launching issues press windows button plus Q, type services in the search box. Scroll down to windows push to install, right click select start. Then load your game :slight_smile: A pain I know but doesnt take long to do.

Can we please please please get a que feature for farms? Or infinite farms, or just a freaking setting for custom games? Literally anything other than the constant irritation of having to click over to your base to reseed a farm for the hundredth time. It really is just a quality of life feature that would have been nice from the start. Thanks for reading and all that. Kthxbye.

I copy this good Comment, he must be seen for me.

"Sadly, there are way more problems & issues that need fixing than just CTDs and MS Store issues:

1. Unbalanced maps: In the second mission in “Reign of the Hittites” campaign you are against 4 AI opponents and first 5 minutes they throw all in - slingers, cavalry, camel riders, catapults and 3 buffed priest with 150HP. It’s nearly impossible to handle even on Easy! That being said, most “Voices of Babylon” missions are a cakewalk on Hardest! Did anyone play-tested campaigns at all?

2. Path-finding: units glitch & block even in open terrain & it’s even worse than in original AOE1 - probably because of extra rotation angles. This needs urgent fixing!

3. Ugly when zoomed in: You have to sacrifice field of view if you want to zoom in or you will be watching a blurry mess. Why don’t you enable all levels of enlargement in-game? You are telling me that current gen of computers cannot handle smooth scaling of 2D sprites?

4. Resource hogging: My gaming laptop’s GPU is almost always at 100% (GeForce 1070 GTX) and I need to switch it to Sport Mode because the standard one stutters. I still get occasional hick-ups on larger maps.

5. Lack of innovation, lack of enhancements: 20 years was more than enough to gather great feedback and add numerous features. Instead, almost nothing was done to streamline the gameplay; the transport ships can still unload units on both shores of narrow rivers / you can’t set unit gather point before the building is finished / when you press restart, the game loads last save instead of… restarting / fonts are ugly and messages are relatively small and you don’t get any prompts when a research is done… you do get a notice each time you want to use Attack Ground command!

Overall, this revamp shouldn’t be sold as a finished product… Early Access would’ve been more appropriate. In comparison, when I see & play other 90s remasters of AoE II, Baldur’s Gate or Monkey Island, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition looks underwhelming & unpolished. Please take cue from open-source projects like CorsixTH, OpenTTD or ZDoom - people behind them had way less resources & made amazing games that play great to this very day!

Please fix the game & take your time. Add mod support. Thank you. "

My game worked perfectly fine the first two days, now it won’t open anymore and no solution helps…

One thing i dont understand is every time you update AoE… everyone else is on a different version of the game an dim stuck on the old one. Is there any chance you can add an setting that allows us to check for updates so we done get stuck not having the same version.

@ZheBoyzForum said:

@Enzeeki said:

Looking forward to the fixes, it is unplayable at the moment.

^works completely fine for me tbh…

It works yes, but there are so many game breaking bugs in the game.

I am unable to play the game while offline, why?