Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Launches on February 20

announcement

The game still very buggy and the multiplayer is a mess (massive lag, disconnects (where’s the dedicated servers?) and bugs to start a game). Let’s hope they fix the game before this date.

Without dedicated servers is impossible to play online. Players hosting rooms…

@Akonady said:
The game still very buggy and the multiplayer is a mess (massive lag, disconnects (where’s the dedicated servers?) and bugs to start a game). Let’s hope they fix the game before this date.

Im guessing they have sorted it out (or know they will have) by the time of release, since its still a month away, altho I bet the beta will remain just as bad unless they take a look at all the stuff thats happening now and cus of the new invites / new wave coming for the beta-release.

Never know tho, hopefully both are 100% before release

@Akonady said:

The game is still under the closed beta NDA. All feedback should be posted to the beta forums. If you need beta forum access, send @jennywaboom a private message.

They’ll be opening the beta to more people on Jan 29 according to the article. Will help fix any stress test bugs

@Akonady said:
I already sent a message to the jennywaboom, but no response.

How long ago?

So if I pre-order the game tonight / tomorrow, I’ll get immediate access to the beta?

And does the beta support only online multiplayer or can you LAN as well? I’m going to my friends tomorrow and would like to play the beta with him. We can both preorder the game to get access.

@SmotheryAxis811 said:

@Akonady said:

Im guessing they have sorted it out (or know they will have) by the time of release, since its still a month away, altho I bet the beta will remain just as bad unless they take a look at all the stuff thats happening now and cus of the new invites / new wave coming for the beta-release.

They messed up AoM EE too hard,m same for AoE 2 (although that one got redeemed a little), there is no guarantee they wont release it as a complete disgrace compared to the original like they have done every time in the past with their new editions.

@KingDankKush said:
So if I pre-order the game tonight / tomorrow, I’ll get immediate access to the beta?

And does the beta support only online multiplayer or can you LAN as well? I’m going to my friends tomorrow and would like to play the beta with him. We can both preorder the game to get access.

If u get insta acces that i dont know but yea you can play 2 modes at the moment, pvp or lan.

@KindaMike11111 said:

If u get insta acces that i dont know but yea you can play 2 modes at the moment, pvp or lan.

Awesome! thanks!

@Akonady said:
Yesterday :#

Okay, well then you’ll probably hear back from her next week.

@smitske said:

@SmotheryAxis811 said:

@Akonady said:

They messed up AoM EE too hard,m same for AoE 2 (although that one got redeemed a little), there is no guarantee they wont release it as a complete disgrace compared to the original like they have done every time in the past with their new editions.

Well it’s 20 years since the original got released, so having it perfectly as it was (it wasnt, believe me) isnt happening. And like ive told others, if you dont like the game, dont play it. Nobody has a gun to your skull telling you otherwise.

Anyway, aoe1 was great even with the bugs and all that, but 1997 game, cant expect much, but its still going strong.

@KingDankKush said:

Pretty sure you can play when you preordered. Microsoft>Search for xbox insider hub, do all that, go to game or gamingplatform (not sure) and download > play! Altho beta is laggy, so try to go for 1v1, 2v2 or max 3v3.
Even 3players vs 2 (or 3) hardest bots are fun, even with 2v2v1 (hardest ai vs2vs2)

@Exemplis said:

@smitske said:

@SmotheryAxis811 said:

@Akonady said:

Well it’s 20 years since the original got released, so having it perfectly as it was (it wasnt, believe me) isnt happening. And like ive told others, if you dont like the game, dont play it. Nobody has a gun to your skull telling you otherwise.

Anyway, aoe1 was great even with the bugs and all that, but 1997 game, cant expect much, but its still going strong.

Im going to take the guess that you have not played the other remakes. AoM for one is highly unstable, they released broken units, they destroyed pathing etc.

@smitske said:

@Exemplis said:

@smitske said:

@SmotheryAxis811 said:

@Akonady said:

Im going to take the guess that you have not played the other remakes. AoM for one is highly unstable, they released broken units, they destroyed pathing etc.

I did, AoM/titans/extended, aoe1-3. And you hate on one game out of the 4 games they have remastered? Okay, bias much

Edit; What Broken units? All of the original ones remained the same (idk about kronus, gaia etc cus I mainly played the original version)
From what ive heard, the chinese ‘gods’ werent balanced etc, sure. But they also ‘left’ the game there.

Yeah, I tried playing online and half the time the game wouldn’t even start. When I did manage to get into a game, it was horrendously laggy, even with just two players.

I suppose I don’t care too much, since I suck at the game and really just play single player or against AI.

@Exemplis said:

@smitske said:

@Exemplis said:

@smitske said:

@SmotheryAxis811 said:

@Akonady said:

I did, AoM/titans/extended, aoe1-3. And you hate on one game out of the 4 games they have remastered? Okay, bias much

Edit; What Broken units? All of the original ones remained the same (idk about kronus, gaia etc cus I mainly played the original version)
From what ive heard, the chinese ‘gods’ werent balanced etc, sure. But they also ‘left’ the game there.

Neither aoe 1 nor aoe 3 is remastered yet. (They are remastering 1)
Only AoE 2 and AoM, so thats already 1 in 2 I think its more you not being informed or understanding what I say. And AoE 2 was released in a very poor state too, which has become better now, AoM on the other hand is still in shambles. With broken units I mean hopelessly overpowered ones like the chinese disasters.

@smitske said:

@Exemplis said:

@smitske said:

@Exemplis said:

@smitske said:

@SmotheryAxis811 said:

@Akonady said:

Neither aoe 1 nor aoe 3 is remastered yet. (They are remastering 1)
Only AoE 2 and AoM, so thats already 1 in 2 I think its more you not being informed or understanding what I say. And AoE 2 was released in a very poor state too, which has become better now, AoM on the other hand is still in shambles. With broken units I mean hopelessly overpowered ones like the chinese disasters.

Aoe 1 is being remastered and im currently playing the beta, so its basically remastered, just not released.
Remaster =//= HD.
Probably was, I wasnt playing the Age series at the time AoE2 HD came out, so I wouldnt know, but I have played them all and I didnt dislike them. AoM, havent heard anyone on the ‘proscene’ say anything bad about it. Again, you seem a little biased. I know I am biased cus I grew up with AoM (AoE1-2, but not so much)

@AoM proscene, I dont think they play with the chinese, so its pretty irrelevant considering the Titans/EE works fine imo.

FFFFFFFFFFFINALLY OOOOOOOH MAN

I was hoping for dedicated servers and a level system (not in-game level (like AoE III), just overral level of the player (making the game fair, since you only play with players with the same skills of you), but not gonna happen. I’m afraid that this game will be a completely disaster.