Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Pre-order Update - Age of Empires

@Torgrimmer Just to clear some things up. You may have pre-ordered and NOT been charged for the pre-order(You weren’t supposed to be). Some users(Including myself) WERE charged(This wasn’t supposed to happen) for the pre-order and were refunded as well as received a game code for RoN: EE. It sounds like you were in the first group. Great news tho, When the invites are send out for pre-orders to join the BETA you should receive one! Hope to see you there.

Hey guys, the Age of Empires community team posted on Twitter that the Rise of Nations: Extended Edition codes for the Microsoft Store should be redeemable by midnight PDT (6 hours from now).

@slonxlegend said typing in the code manually may work instead of copying the code.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/comment/24902/#Comment_24902

@rhrmn said:
Hey guys, the Age of Empires community team posted on Twitter that the Rise of Nations: Extended Edition codes for the Microsoft Store should be redeemable by midnight PDT (6 hours from now).

https://twitter.com/AgeOfEmpires/status/928790667903492096?s=17

@slonxlegend said typing in the code manually may work instead of copying the code.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/comment/24902/#Comment_24902

Thanks for sharing here @rhrmn! And I was just told that they should actually be working now, so for those of you who have gotten your emails go ahead and check again:)

What about if I have already purchased Rise of Nations: Extended Edition?

Honestly I think giving us rise of nations was not the best choice the group of people that were preordering aoe are very likely to have already purchased RON. I think a choice from a few different games would have been a more genuine apology

@“Chan Tsz Him” said:

Same here.

@Z3 said:
Honestly I think giving us rise of nations was not the best choice the group of people that were preordering aoe are very likely to have already purchased RON. I think a choice from a few different games would have been a more genuine apology

Good point.

How do I get access to the beta? When I click the link it just asks me for my email to sign up for the insider program even though I’ve been signed up for a couple of months now.

I think the trailer should be updated to reflect the new release date.

I have not got any E-mail about this what’s going on ? On an unrelated note Blizzerd did give me a free game today.

This is what happens when you put a girl in charge of a game.

I pre-ordered and signed up for the beta. When can we expect the beta invitation?

So I re-preordered since I think I got refund twice already. I do have the xbox insider thingy. Any ETA on when we’re actually getting that ‘‘guaranteed beta access’’ ?

I’m not upset or anything, just curious really.

Update: I redemeed my Rise of Nations-Code and got success. Now downloading it. At least any good thing. I will buy the game again for sure! Still excited for AoE anyway.

@rhrmn said:

@“Ahmad Ali Karim” said:
I SHOULD HAVE PRE ORDERED AAAAAAAAAAAAA
xDDDD

There’s still time to pre-order for closed beta access. :wink:

Wait, even if we pre-order now as in after that we can get it?

@Lootvig said:

@“Chan Tsz Him” said:

Same here.

@Z3 said:

Good point.

I think the best gift will be a special Age of Empires Online server, specially made for those who pre-ordered the game :smiley:

@Doogerie said:
I have not got any E-mail about this what’s going on ? On an unrelated note Blizzerd did give me a free game today.

Only Wing of Liberty.

@iviijin said:
This is what happens when you put a girl in charge of a game.

She isn’t in charge.

Still no news about the beta access for whom pre-ordered the game ?

Hey moderators, maybe you could work a little bit today and bring some answers to your community!
Our patient has limits!

Weren’t the answers pretty much given? You get a refund in case you now don’t want the game anymore, you can set a new pre-order for the same price, you get Rise of Nations, the game comes out around the beginning of 2018 and you get beta access. They’re working on getting the mails out.

I’m not telling you to be happy with those answers, but that’s what is known so far. Honestly it doesn’t seem like too bad a deal for having a game come out several months delayed, where they could just have shoveled it out bugged at the risk of hurting sales down the line but pocketing your money.

Right? Ducks away.