Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Pre-order Update - Age of Empires

Preordered AoE DE, was refunded and also signed up for the beta as soon as it was announced, filled in the surveys and haven’t heard anything at all. So haven’t got a code for RoN DE or access to the beta for AoE DE

Same here … hope they sort this stuff out. Pretty disappointing from an organization as big and reputed as Microsoft. Like … you’d expect they’d at least _attempt _to keep up with the competition in terms of customer service. Update: my code for rise of nations works. But I still don’t have access to the closed beta, which is what I want more …

hmm me and my dad got refunded, and also we pre ordered again but did not receive a key yet nor beta access guess i need to wait a bit longer but at least its good that we got an update about it :slight_smile:

My preorder was refunded. Just read it. I haven’t gotten any mail about this. Maybe I should wait a while

thank you, appreciated! Code arrived and worked, I’ve ‘sneaked’ already into beta participants before though (through regular application)

So … Am I the only who doesn’t care about Rise of nations and want to know what’s going on with the ‘‘everyone is getting an invite into the beta’’

Are they coming in late 2018 too?

Hey i bought the game and i didn’t receive any code nor the invitation to beta

Preordered the game again on 10th Nov…still waiting for beta access and RON code! //doesnt matter if i dont get RON code, i just want beta access :slight_smile:

Pre-ordered two days ago, haven’t received anything.

didn’t get a code either

@Augustusman said:

@Doogerie said:
I have not got any E-mail about this what’s going on ? On an unrelated note Blizzerd did give me a free game today.

Only Wing of Liberty.

No heros of the swarm granted i clobber my game but still

I saw a bunch of videos in youtube them playing the beta, and i have pre ordered for the second time today i really do hope I ll get a chance to taste the beta! Oh please

@iviijin said:
This is what happens when you put a girl in charge of a game.

What a sickening comment. What the hell does it have to do?! You should get banned with such a misogynous comment.

@“Andy P” that comment should be removed.

Everything is cool but one thing puzzles meThey said: “See you in the beta!” Im asking you when ???

@InhaledBird7036 said:
Everything is cool but one thing puzzles meThey said: “See you in the beta!” Im asking you when ???

If buy the pre order. Or wait random choice.

To entice beta testers with a FREE COPY upon release was how it used to be, and we got a quality product for a fair price, with very few patches. Today, companies don’t seem to know what they are doing, or how they even want to conduct a beta test. This “pay to beta test” stuff only serves to frustrate companies and consumers. If somebody pays for something and then still has to “work” for it, what the heck? The sneak peak/promo vids of late show how “the uninterested” are testing something they don’t really care or know about.

The same thing happened with user manuals; they used to be complete and in print form. Now we have to print them or read them on a screen (the same screen we use to play the game). The result; the forums are filled with questions beginning with how do I install this to how do I exit this!!

Does this seem better then how it used to be? - all around for the most part, quality, care, and value have taken a back seat…its going to get worse because stinginess, greed, and laziness have taken the front seat…why do companies and consumers tolerate this…ugh.

…I agree, a free copy of Rise of Nations? ---- who decides this stuff ??? What are they looking for in a beta tester? UGH

Im still waiting for RoN and Beta access… Anyone able to explain what the hold up is?

@rhrmn

@B0CKLE said:
Im still waiting for RoN and Beta access… Anyone able to explain what the hold up is?

Hi @B0CKLE, @jennywaboom answered this question in another thread.

@jennywaboom said:
Hey there,

The emails with details about pre-order reimbursements will be going out over the next week or so, your’s just likely hasn’t gone out yet! Keep an eye on your email:)