Age of empires definitive edition windows 10 not updating

Anyone having issues not being able to update the game on the Microsoft store? Mine will not update at all and i cant play with my friends on steam (even tho it uses xbox live) someone please help

1 Like

Hi @MMXMEMPHIS, Are you and your friends running the same client? More info on updating to the latest client here: Upgrading to the latest Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Windows Store)

2 Likes

I bought mine from the windows (Microsoft store) and my friend bought it from steam, mine is outdated and it will not update from the store no matter what, I guess this has become a known issue now because there is a glitch in the system (I believe) that will not update the game through the “Get update” feature. Now cross platform is part of the update from what i know. The patch should let people from steam and the M Store to play because we have to use XBOX live to sign in. So I am hoping there will be another patch that will fix this issue.

1 Like

I’m stuck on version 27374. I followed the instructions best I can, under "Upgrading to the latest Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (Windows Store).
1.Open the Microsoft Store . You can do this by pressing the Windows key and then typing ‘Store.’
2. Search for Age of Empires: Definitive Edition .
3. Click on the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition tile to enter the store page.
4. Click Get. The game should be automatically added to your library.
5. Click Install to begin downloading the game.
Problem being when in the store there is NO “GET” for me to click. Just “Play”. Says I own the game, ok so I uninstalled the game. Then went to the store thinking that when I went to reinstall it would install the latest version. Boy howdy was I wrong. Got the same lame version 27374. that won’t update.
So anybody got any correct instructions on how to get from 27374 to the latest. Oh and yes My windows is completely up to date, waiting for Windows 11 to show. All my apps are up to date, BUT AGE OF EMPIRE: DEFINITIVE EDITION. Anyway in advance Thank You for Your Time.

2 Likes

THANK YOU to “PCS70” I found at his address
I am stuck with Build 27374 HELP!.
This solved my problem, I am now on version 46777. Thank you So much.

4 Likes