📜 Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition — Update 37650

Do you think archers are a low dps unit?

1 Like

I haven’t tried the patch, but IF the fixes are truth (with capital IF) then is a good patch. I was expecting more balance to weaker civs (turks, Portuguese, koreans, maybe burmese, maybe italians), but i think performance is more important

After the update installation, I am not able to connect to the multiplayer services, I keep getting

I tried reinstalling the game.

• Playing platform: Steam

What should I do?

2 Likes

you cannot have all high DPS, high HP and reasonable cost. For examble archers are weak as trade off range and DPS

That’s why its expensive and slow.

Is there a way to revert to previous version without patch?

If you have not already, I’d recommend working through the steps in this article:

It looks like, at minimum, you are running a Windows OS build that could use updating. Please make sure that both Windows and your graphics drivers are up-to-date (to begin), and then run through the other steps to ensure there aren’t other issues interfering with the game’s ability to run.

If you continue to have issues, please feel free to spin up a thread in the bug section so we can troubleshoot the issue further!

Thank you, and good luck! =)

1 Like

My question is, what patch are the Elephant Archers getting replaced by
600HP 13 range Bombard Elephants???

2 Likes

I’m happy you have focused in bugs and translations erros. Hope the cheat issue got addressed as well.

I like the few balance changes you’ve made, but for the next patch I would like some more civs to get buff (koreans, Portuguese and turks are a must. Burmese and italians could be somehow buffed in land. And saracens could get some civ bonus for their camel line)

Again, stability of the game should be the priority, along with pathfinfing and anticheats measures.

And thanks for nerfing aztecs. It was about time

1 Like

Seriously
Also thanks a lot for nerfing the still insanely OP UT called El Dorado, which might as well be more aptly named Eagle DoOPdo

El dorado needs further nerf, I think

1 Like

I can’t really understand. If I did that bad a of a job at my work consistently I would get fired. Here it seems devs can constantly ruin the game, add nonsense new features and disregard urgent fixes (mele units don’t attack, path finding…) and there is no consequences. This project must be super cheap for MS because if not I don’t understand the lack of supervision.

4 Likes

Idk I just pressed ok but my multiplayer is fine :stuck_out_tongue:

El Dorado campaign also needs adding.

1 Like

No? Why would I.

I cannot seem to get a good game after this patch. 3 out of 4 someone disconnects in the beginning. Also my chat seems to go out after the first coupel games. The box comes up but nothing displays and my teammates dont seem to be able to see what I type .
Anyone else having issues like this?

1 Like

Hera is one of the best players of the game. Easily top 5 of the world.

So he is not just some random streamer.

1 Like

You still run on Windows 1903 build which is in EOL already. Please update to 1909 build. Check the Settings and Updates section from the start menu or use the in-place upgrade option provided by the media creation utility below. Also make sure that you at least have around 40 GB free disk space on your system drive.

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

1 Like

same here unfortunately. we tried 3 times, the first and last try my game froze and crashed and the second try we found 2 games but they didnt connect

Same problem! Any solution?