Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition – Update 87863

https://www.ageofempires.com/news/age-of-empires-ii-definitive-edition-update-87863/

1 Like

Transport ships are back baby!

This is a weird time for a Minecraft crossover, considering I’m currently returning to playing that game.

1 Like

I’m sooooo glad the Cuman, Lithuanian, and Tatar player names were fixed!!

3 Likes

I really think the Boar reskin should’ve been the Hoglin, as it provides food and is hostile to enemy players, but it doesn’t appear in Minecraft Legends, and this event is obviously promoting it.

Nice… another event with new fancy content and none regional or historical skin.

8 Likes

I’m glad to see that devs can pull back before it is too late for didn’t nerfing the Rathas.

2 Likes

Non-ironically I like that. You want regional skins? use a mod.

4 Likes

battle royale lmfao

3 Likes

Viking and Roman AI is weird. Vikings prefer champions over berserkers, and Romans prefer crossbowmen over scorpions.

1 Like

With Chinese nerf, Franks will go back to #1 at Arabia even at pro level.

1 Like

I’m beginning to think the devs should stop listening to the pro players so much…

3 Likes

But these minecraft stuffs are mods. I complain about focus them on fancy things instead of more interesting content for the lore of the game. Still should be optional. I’m not forcing anyone to use them.

Instead, we have enthusiastic people in the community working for free, adding non-professional “historical” skins (I celebrate the effort but generally they doen’st look good) while professional devs payed by MIcrosoft are working in Minecraft funny skins… Don’t you see the ridiculous of the situation?

5 Likes

Regional skins are “fancy things” and should therefore be optional paid DLC; not part of a normal update.

The most important priority is pathing and bug fixes. I’m so sick of units who stop chasing, units taking forever to engage in a fight, villagers getting stuck or walling themselves out of their base on the outside, villagers spawning from the TC and walking halfway across the map etc.

5 Likes

Update was worth it just for these two fixes alone. Hopefully they’ve also fixed the issues with military units not chasing and taking forever to engage in fights. And villagers getting stuck idle by other villagers while collecting.

1 Like

Not close enough… I think Portuguese and Inca are still way better than Franks

3 Likes

Says who? Maybe you could call them “fancy” but at least regional skins belongs to Aoe Lore, paid dlc or not. That’s my point. Obviusly should be optional, I never said the opposite. Some people here are a little reactionary.

Agree… of course…

4 Likes

Ok that’s cool, it’s just in your first reply you complained that the new “patch” didn’t have regional skins. Patch updates are not DLC, they are just balance changes and bug fixes. I would probably buy some regional skins for some civs too, but it will never be for free in a patch update.

No, I complain about the priorities. If dev team have time to add minecraft content, why not add lore content? You have a point anyway, I use the word “patch” instead of “event”, but it is understood. Will fix it, thanks

3 Likes

regional skins, optional or not, just no battle fkn pass pls