Age of Empires II HD Multiplayer Lobby Down

The multiplayer lobby for Age of Empires II HD has been down for a couple of hours. There is only one game that shows up hosted by “timboe.”

4 Likes
Access from steam Can’t find any games in game lobby

Yeah, and I just want to play a match :persevere:

I’m not sure who to contact or how. I’m assuming that the powers that be are already aware of the problem, but you never know.

MS is aware of this, but a fix during the weekend is unlikely. If you want to play MP games, you can try finding people via reddit or discord, as inviting and viewing lobbies of friends still work.
Alternatively, you could look into installing Voobly which is a 3rd party MP client for the original version of the game. It takes some time to set up and get used to it though, so it’s up to you if you want to do that for a problem that could be fixed in a few days.

1 Like

The Multiplayer is still down as of 6:50 AM EST - please resolve. Wololoo

As said, don’t expect a fix before Monday at the earliest. There isn’t much dev work being done on HD in general, and they definitely won’t have someone around to fix this on the weekend.

1 Like

Guys I had played aoc at home two days ago and everything works. But today when I try to search games in lobby I can’t see any games. I had tried to reinstall the game, remove Wi-Fi and get the modem connected directly to the computer and remove all fire walls but it still doesn’t works. May I ask do you guys know any solution abt this pls? thanks

I assume this is for AoE II HD, not AoE DE?
MS is aware of this, but a fix during the weekend is unlikely. If you want to play MP games, you can try finding people via reddit or discord, as inviting and viewing lobbies of friends still work.
Alternatively, you could look into installing Voobly which is a 3rd party MP client for the original version of the game. It takes some time to set up and get used to it though, so it’s up to you if you want to do that for a problem that could be fixed in a few days.

Thanks so much for your reply!!! May I ask how the details to use Reddit and find ppl pls?

Many thanks !

I have the same problem…

For help please see this topic @Jineapple posted.

1 Like
closed #12