Age of Empires II HD Patch 5.4 is now live! - Age of Empires

Age of Empires II HD Patch 5.4 is now live! - Age of Empires

Patch 5.4 has now moved from Open Beta to Live! We are very excited to bring these changes to the full community and thank you to everyone who participated in the Open Beta. Your feedback and assistance has been essential to ensuring our desync rates have improved and we really appreciate your patience as we … Continued

Read the full story here

PERFECT!! :smiley:

Hello, we have a time playing this game with friends in the same city, and we are experiencing laggy multiplayer with pings value around 300 - 400 ms, like if they were in another country , however two of them have really low ping values (30ms - 40ms) the one expected for players in the same city.
I have all the ports open to the internet, in other games I have no problem. In which place can I address this problem?
My friends are looking for other alternatives, It’s a shame because it’s an excellent game but is being unplayable in internet with people in nearby places, the game is in the top 100 steam games more played in the last week.
At least, I would like to have information on which person is having the connection problems, because the warning of the laggy experience doesn’t say which person has the ports blocked or something, or which is relaying packets.
If you could give any help I will be very welcome.

Best Regards

Hello,
Will this patch address the issue where players intentionally desync games when they are losing? I am tired of playing games that range between 1-2 hours, only to have my opponents purposely desync the game when they are losing. To add insult to injury, the player who desyncs gains rating whilst everyone else loses. Please fix this!

Will the achievements ever be fixed? To be able to get the achievements for beating the AI you have to be in 4.3

Balance improvements are not reflected on the Tech Tree for Spanish language. Please fix it!

Las mejoras en el balance no se ven reflejadas en Árbol de Tecnologías para el idioma español. Por favor corríjanlo!

Thanks, gracias!

I love this game!

Hello

I’m new here, maybe this is a stupid question but where can I download this patch ?

@Player494343975 said:
Hello

I’m new here, maybe this is a stupid question but where can I download this patch ?

You don’t have to download and install it manually and, in fact, you can’t. If you have the HD Edition of AoE II installed, Steam will always keep it up to date (version 5.7 at the moment). If you play the CD version, this patch doesn’t concern you. :slight_smile: