Age of Empires Insider Program FAQ

@ImTheRealSlayer said:
@jennywaboom
I would like to bring attention that Gmail also marks these emails as spam as well.

The other mail services block they do not just mark them as spam. :slight_smile:

@epica58 said:
Hello, I you contact because I am registered in Beta man since E3 and I would have like knowing if Beta man already had to begin?

Because I is not absolutely received from Launcher for AOE!

I thus wanted to know if Beta man already had was to Throw

Thanks !

Can you write it to your language?

any updates on Beta or when is expected to be released for any of us?

From the OP:
“However, for the 20th Anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise, we decided to honor the Age legacy and stay true to the platform where it all began: the personal computer.”

Personal Computer means hardware with any software on it, so why Win10 exclusive??? Win7, 8, 8.1 does not qualify as personal computer?

From the OP:
“However, for the 20th Anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise, we decided to honor the Age legacy and stay true to the platform where it all began: the personal computer.”

Personal Computer means hardware with any software on it, so why Win10 exclusive??? Win7, 8, 8.1 does not qualify as personal computer?

I didn’t get any email to download the beta, I’ve filled the survey…not sure why I didn’t get selected for beta testing… :frowning:

@aoebond said:
I didn’t get any email to download the beta, I’ve filled the survey…not sure why I didn’t get selected for beta testing… :frowning:

Filling out the survey DOESN’T guarantee to be selected for beta testing. This gives developers (and hence Microsoft) a large players database from different places (and systems requirements) to choose who prove the game. But so far, no one has been picked to the beta because it HASN’T started. They will publish at social media and AOE forums when it start.

This is going to be AWESOME!

@jennywaboom I just filled out the survey and realized that I filled in the PC info based on this laptop, but I’ll actually be playing it on my gaming Desktop rig. Is there anything I can do? Will it hurt my chances?(My laptop is average/for school stuff) I was so excited i wasnt thinking lol.

I never played Age of Empires and to be honest when I was younger I used to avoid RTS like a disease. Without actually trying one. I think I just didn’t like the idea of RTS, it looked boring. Forward to today, I stumbled onto the Insider page after browsing the Windows Support page (I’m a little weird). I hope I get chosen to participate. I think I’d actually enjoy this game now that I took some time to really look at it.

I would like to change my laptop details to pc in survey what I already completed, is it possible to send pc specs again?

@Tiivuline said:
I would like to change my laptop details to pc in survey what I already completed, is it possible to send pc specs again?

Send an e-mail to SURsurvey@microsoft.com requesting the AOE DE survey again :slight_smile:

@KingDarBoja said:

@Tiivuline said:

Send an e-mail to SURsurvey@microsoft.com requesting the AOE DE survey again :slight_smile:

Ty, got it done now :slight_smile:

I didn’t get the survey. It has been two months or longer since I go the Insider badge :frowning:

Im totally excited for this. I remember playing AOE on a LAN party in the early days. I havent missed a release yet!

So, I signed up for the beta, got the survey and filled it out, but no Insider badge. Is there anything else required for that?

@ahwm23 said:
So, I signed up for the beta, got the survey and filled it out, but no Insider badge. Is there anything else required for that?

Send @jennywaboom a PM and she will be able to give you the insider badge.

@jennywaboom

I signed up back in June and never received confirmation or survey. I tried with two different email addresses and did not receive any survey. I checked spam folder and have no block list. I used a hotmail email address. I tried sending Jenny a PM but never received any response.

I would be very dissapointed to miss out on the beta. Age of Empires 1 is my favourite game (I actually prefer AOE1) and still play it on LAN.

Please can this be sorted out. Many thanks.

Love the game, but when I click on the button to join the beta I am getting the following error. There is a problem with your login. Please be sure you are using a Microsoft account with an Xbox Live account associated and that you have authorized access to your profile information if prompted.

Did a search and not finding where this needs to be changed on my Xbox account. Tried some of the suggestions that I found in the forums, but they did not work.

Tried to register in MS Edge, Chrome and Firefox. Get the same error in all. If this setting exists in the Xbox account, does anyone know where it is?

Please and Thanks!

Are you using an email associated with an Xbox Live account? Usually I log in my Outlook email and then clicked join the fórum. After that, you should try again the “Join the beta” button.