Age of Empires Insider Program FAQ

@OTRUBBERBULLETZ said:
I’m confused so someone please bear with me here.
If there are no plans to bring it to the Xbox one, then what’s the point in needing an Xbox live account?
Also, if there are no plans on bringing it to the Xbox one, how come it says in the trailer “Xbox live multiplayer”
I no longer have a pc, but I’ve played and still own all the a.o.e games and have waited for a long time to be able to play it on console since I don’t have my pc anymore so that leaves people like me out if that’s the case.
I just saw the trailer and got fired up for it, jumped at the chance to sign up only to jump on here and read that it won’t be on the Xbox. Pretty bummed if that’s actually the case.

Xbox besides the device is the Microsoft online game platform.

@dheSteiner said:
So “Windows 10 exclusive” means no macOS version?

Yep

@PowerofPotatoes said:
Is the game compatible with windows 8.1? The OS runs on the same base as 10. I have my reasons for staying on 8.1. Windows 8 also has access to the windows store through the metro system. Thanks. (if Microsoft is unsure giving me a copy on 8.1 would be a good test ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡° )

No only win 10, sorry

@MrDeur said:

@the_choson_one said:
@PKizzle @HaiCinderella Still don’t have the Insider status, but here is the badge… I completed the survey, confirmed e-mail a couple times again, even with another browser… and nothing.

I can’t understand what’s happening here. ¿Do you know if there is any support contact that can help me?

I was just looking into your profile, and guess what, you got the badge! now i’m curious why I don’t have the badge… interesting. But who knows, maybe someone has to do this manually and does this with some kind of list… (what a pain…)

EDIT:
I just clicked the badge and then I could see that there were people getting those badges every minute…I suppose it’s just a matter of time

Yes, but the badge is not the problem, I know I have it. The strange problem is that I have the badge BUT NOT the ‘‘insider’’ status in my profile. I checked a lot of other profiles and everyone that have the badge, have that status too. ¿Am I having a unique, rare problem? If so, what a ‘‘luck’’…

@the_choson_one said:

@MrDeur said:

@the_choson_one said:
@PKizzle @HaiCinderella Still don’t have the Insider status, but here is the badge… I completed the survey, confirmed e-mail a couple times again, even with another browser… and nothing.

I can’t understand what’s happening here. ¿Do you know if there is any support contact that can help me?

I was just looking into your profile, and guess what, you got the badge! now i’m curious why I don’t have the badge… interesting. But who knows, maybe someone has to do this manually and does this with some kind of list… (what a pain…)

EDIT:
I just clicked the badge and then I could see that there were people getting those badges every minute…I suppose it’s just a matter of time

Yes, but the badge is not the problem, I know I have it. The strange problem is that I have the badge BUT NOT the ‘‘insider’’ status in my profile. I checked a lot of other profiles and everyone that have the badge, have that status too. ¿Am I having a unique, rare problem? If so, what a ‘‘luck’’…

The whole sign up process was really buggy and problematic. So people face many and different problems. If you have confirmed your email and you have received the survey you should be ok.

Correct me if I am wrong @jennywaboom

So I signed up yesterday but I don’t have the Insider Badge, I confirmed my email like 3 times, am I too late?

Write @jennywaboom or make a E-mail to SURSurvey@microsoft.com

I hope i can help

@HaiCinderella said:
Write @jennywaboom or make a E-mail to SURSurvey@microsoft.com

I hope i can help

Thanks but I fixed it myself, it seems to be a problem with firefox or something. I signed up again but this time with chrome, and now I have the insider badge. :slight_smile:

Really hyped for this :slight_smile: !

I got the survey but when will I get an answer an if I got it or not?

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:
Is the game compatible with windows 8.1? The OS runs on the same base as 10. I have my reasons for staying on 8.1. Windows 8 also has access to the windows store through the metro system. Thanks. (if Microsoft is unsure giving me a copy on 8.1 would be a good test ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡° )

No only win 10, sorry

Thanks for the reply, but where did you get this info from? I’m aware ReCore and DX12 are W10 only, but these are features I wouldn’t expect in a remaster of an old game.

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

No only win 10, sorry

Thanks for the reply, but where did you get this info from?

Minimum System Requirements

Architecture: X64 required
Processor: 1.8 Ghz+ Dual Core or greater i3, i5, or i7, or AMD equivalent
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 or Greater (16 or more Execution Units), AMD or nVidia GPU scoring 500 or more on Passmark G3D Mark
Memory: 4GB
Storage: 8-10GB

@HaiCinderella said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

No only win 10, sorry

Graphics: Intel HD 4000 or Greater (16 or more Execution Units), AMD or nVidia GPU scoring 500 or more on Passmark G3D Mark

Hiya, thanks. I read this info too. Because of the free OS upgrade, alot of games list windows 10 when they run just fine on 8. Guess we’ll have to wait and see as this is all the official information they will give out.

EDIT: Upon further research, looks like the game will truly be windows 10 exclusive due to full Xbox Live integration. I imagine there will be a number of workarounds, but it rules me out of the beta I guess. Thanks to anyone who tried to hand me info.

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@HaiCinderella said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

No only win 10, sorry

Hiya, thanks. I read this info too. Because of the free OS upgrade, alot of games list windows 10 when they run just fine on 8. Guess we’ll have to wait and see as this is all the official information they will give out.

https://ageofempires.com/buy-now/ this is offiziel

and windows 10 is better for old games than windows 8 :smile:

Perhaps if they see enough dxdiags that show a lack of W10 they will get to their wits.

@smitske said:
Perhaps if they see enough dxdiags that show a lack of W10 they will get to their wits.

Perhaps, or aoe:de is just another trick to lure more people to W10…:stuck_out_tongue:

Great genre, played every version, taught it to my kids as my game slaves. They are all adults now and still love the AoE games.

me 2, i just cant wait :slight_smile:

@jennywaboom said:
(…)

Q: Does the requirement for an Xbox Live account mean that the game is coming to Xbox One?
A: We love our fans who own an Xbox One, and we understand wanting to play this legendary RTS on the platform of your choice. However, for the 20th Anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise, we decided to honor the Age legacy and stay true to the platform where it all began: the personal computer. Therefore, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a Windows 10 exclusive; there are no plans to bring it to Xbox One.

(…)

So why is Microsoft destroying their own hyped up community? Could you clarify the reasoning behind making it W10/Xbox Live, as now it will be a major letdown for the majority of the community that do not own and/or want W10 but rather their much more stable W7/8/8.1 and Steam. This current way is NOT adhering to your “legacy” of the Personal Computer as you are effectively shutting out the majority of your entire community.

Please do give a good reasoning or make it available to the entire community instead of only a small select group.

@TheUnknownKing said:

@jennywaboom said:
(…)

Q: Does the requirement for an Xbox Live account mean that the game is coming to Xbox One?
A: We love our fans who own an Xbox One, and we understand wanting to play this legendary RTS on the platform of your choice. However, for the 20th Anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise, we decided to honor the Age legacy and stay true to the platform where it all began: the personal computer. Therefore, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a Windows 10 exclusive; there are no plans to bring it to Xbox One.

(…)

So why is Microsoft destroying their own hyped up community? Could you clarify the reasoning behind making it W10/Xbox Live, as now it will be a major letdown for the majority of the community that do not own and/or want W10 but rather their much more stable W7/8/8.1 and Steam. This current way is NOT adhering to your “legacy” of the Personal Computer as you are effectively shutting out the majority of your entire community.

Please do give a good reasoning or make it available to the entire community instead of only a small select group.

I understand your opinion (it doesn’t concern me because i have all the requierement ) but it’s true some things are strange.

-Game on xbox one, i am agree if pc players doesn’t play with console players online (you can’t be as eficient on console than on pc, so it could be boring).

-Windows 10 exclusive i don’t know (except economic reasons) but it’s an enterprise they have to earn money so ok for me.

-Not on steam same reason as previously . ( but lot of peoples can’t buy the game so … i don’t know and steam is a reference for gaming)

But maybe they will change their mind because lot of peoples are desappointing .

Now i have one question, in multiplayer do we have to pay for playing as xbox live ?

Sorry for my english ( a long time i haven’t really practice and actually i speak all the day an other foreign langage so it’s really dificult).

Have a nice day and see you on the battleground :slight_smile: !