Age of Empires Insider Program FAQ

Excited about it :slight_smile:

I’ve registered weeks ago and got my insider badge, but i have not gotten any survey whatsoever as i’ve checked all my email foders regularly. Any help ?

@beberlecancrela said:

@TheUnknownKing said:

@jennywaboom said:
(…)

Q: Does the requirement for an Xbox Live account mean that the game is coming to Xbox One?
A: We love our fans who own an Xbox One, and we understand wanting to play this legendary RTS on the platform of your choice. However, for the 20th Anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise, we decided to honor the Age legacy and stay true to the platform where it all began: the personal computer. Therefore, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a Windows 10 exclusive; there are no plans to bring it to Xbox One.

(…)

So why is Microsoft destroying their own hyped up community? Could you clarify the reasoning behind making it W10/Xbox Live, as now it will be a major letdown for the majority of the community that do not own and/or want W10 but rather their much more stable W7/8/8.1 and Steam. This current way is NOT adhering to your “legacy” of the Personal Computer as you are effectively shutting out the majority of your entire community.

Please do give a good reasoning or make it available to the entire community instead of only a small select group.

I understand your opinion (it doesn’t concern me because i have all the requierement ) but it’s true some things are strange.

-Game on xbox one, i am agree if pc players doesn’t play with console players online (you can’t be as eficient on console than on pc, so it could be boring).

-Windows 10 exclusive i don’t know (except economic reasons) but it’s an enterprise they have to earn money so ok for me.

-Not on steam same reason as previously . ( but lot of peoples can’t buy the game so … i don’t know and steam is a reference for gaming)

But maybe they will change their mind because lot of peoples are desappointing .

Now i have one question, in multiplayer do we have to pay for playing as xbox live ?

Sorry for my english ( a long time i haven’t really practice and actually i speak all the day an other foreign langage so it’s really dificult).

Have a nice day and see you on the battleground :slight_smile: !

You do not have to pay to play multiplayer

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@beberlecancrela said:

@TheUnknownKing said:

@jennywaboom said:
(…)

Q: Does the requirement for an Xbox Live account mean that the game is coming to Xbox One?
A: We love our fans who own an Xbox One, and we understand wanting to play this legendary RTS on the platform of your choice. However, for the 20th Anniversary of the Age of Empires franchise, we decided to honor the Age legacy and stay true to the platform where it all began: the personal computer. Therefore, Age of Empires: Definitive Edition is a Windows 10 exclusive; there are no plans to bring it to Xbox One.

(…)

So why is Microsoft destroying their own hyped up community? Could you clarify the reasoning behind making it W10/Xbox Live, as now it will be a major letdown for the majority of the community that do not own and/or want W10 but rather their much more stable W7/8/8.1 and Steam. This current way is NOT adhering to your “legacy” of the Personal Computer as you are effectively shutting out the majority of your entire community.

Please do give a good reasoning or make it available to the entire community instead of only a small select group.

I understand your opinion (it doesn’t concern me because i have all the requierement ) but it’s true some things are strange.

-Game on xbox one, i am agree if pc players doesn’t play with console players online (you can’t be as eficient on console than on pc, so it could be boring).

-Windows 10 exclusive i don’t know (except economic reasons) but it’s an enterprise they have to earn money so ok for me.

-Not on steam same reason as previously . ( but lot of peoples can’t buy the game so … i don’t know and steam is a reference for gaming)

But maybe they will change their mind because lot of peoples are desappointing .

Now i have one question, in multiplayer do we have to pay for playing as xbox live ?

Sorry for my english ( a long time i haven’t really practice and actually i speak all the day an other foreign langage so it’s really dificult).

You do not have to pay to play multiplayer

Ouf thanks

@HaiCinderella said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@HaiCinderella said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:
Is the game compatible with windows 8.1? The OS runs on the same base as 10. I have my reasons for staying on 8.1. Windows 8 also has access to the windows store through the metro system. Thanks. (if Microsoft is unsure giving me a copy on 8.1 would be a good test ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡° )

No only win 10, sorry

Thanks for the reply, but where did you get this info from?

Minimum System Requirements

Architecture: X64 required
Processor: 1.8 Ghz+ Dual Core or greater i3, i5, or i7, or AMD equivalent
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 or Greater (16 or more Execution Units), AMD or nVidia GPU scoring 500 or more on Passmark G3D Mark
Memory: 4GB
Storage: 8-10GB

Hiya, thanks. I read this info too. Because of the free OS upgrade, alot of games list windows 10 when they run just fine on 8. Guess we’ll have to wait and see as this is all the official information they will give out.

https://ageofempires.com/buy-now/ this is offiziel

and windows 10 is better for old games than windows 8 :smile:

It is Windows 10 Store exclusive so the workaround is going to let you without multiplayer. Also, I do not consider wise to tell on the official forum that you are going to download the game pirated.

@HaiCinderella said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@HaiCinderella said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@PowerofPotatoes said:
Is the game compatible with windows 8.1? The OS runs on the same base as 10. I have my reasons for staying on 8.1. Windows 8 also has access to the windows store through the metro system. Thanks. (if Microsoft is unsure giving me a copy on 8.1 would be a good test ( ͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡° )

No only win 10, sorry

Thanks for the reply, but where did you get this info from?

Minimum System Requirements

Architecture: X64 required
Processor: 1.8 Ghz+ Dual Core or greater i3, i5, or i7, or AMD equivalent
Graphics: Intel HD 4000 or Greater (16 or more Execution Units), AMD or nVidia GPU scoring 500 or more on Passmark G3D Mark
Memory: 4GB
Storage: 8-10GB

Hiya, thanks. I read this info too. Because of the free OS upgrade, alot of games list windows 10 when they run just fine on 8. Guess we’ll have to wait and see as this is all the official information they will give out.

https://ageofempires.com/buy-now/ this is offiziel

and windows 10 is better for old games than windows 8 :smile:

It is Windows 10 Store exclusive so the workaround is going to let you without multiplayer. Also, I do not consider wise to tell on the official forum that you are going to download the game > @beberlecancrela said:

@TheUnknownKing said:

@jennywaboom said:
(…)

(…)

You do not need to play multiplayer :slight_smile:

Hmmm. I completed my survey a few days back but only today discovered that on the forum I wasn’t an “Insider”. I signed up for beta for the sixth time and finally got the “insider” badge. Now I have no idea whether my survey results ever go recorded.

[FRENCH]

Bonjour,
Je suis super heureux de participer à cette bêta ! J’ai validé mon mail, et je n’ai toujours pas le BADGE INITIE.

Bonne journée

@“Grégory Kozak” said:
[FRENCH]

Bonjour,
Je suis super heureux de participer à cette bêta ! J’ai validé mon mail, et je n’ai toujours pas le BADGE INITIE.

Bonne journée

Bebertranslation

Hi,

I am really happy to take part at this beta. I check my mail and i haven’t the insider badge.

Have a nice day.

Je ne sais pas si tu parles Anglais (je pense que oui) mais il vaut mieux poster en Anglais ici (ne le prend pas mal je veux juste être gentil). Sinon tu peux me demander de l’aide même si mon niveau n’est pas fantastique.

Ive been an AOE fan ever since I remember, I first started playing at a young age with AOE 2 and I loved every bit of it even as a kid, after my mother introduced me to AOM I just couldnt have enough and fell in love with that aswell, and with the release of titans I blew up with joy, long story short Im a very long time fan and I was so happy to hear the release of DE, I really hope I can be a part of it, and good luck to you guys!! (I just opened my forum account for this very reason other wise I didnt really do anything but lurk and read)

@WoodBuffalo1000 said:
Is it possible to submit several dxdiags from different machines? I can test the game on several machines if needed.

I would also like to know this. I filled out the form on my desktop, but I would also love to be able to test out the game on my laptop, which has some very different specs.

lets go! ^.^

When let’s go ? Not me now :frowning: !

So I registered for the beta, confirmed with the email. And now my forum login is linked to a different user name that’s not my gamer tag, but uses the same Xbox live login. My gamer tag is the one that has the insider badge. Any idea how to delete this account and access that one? Or combine the accounts?

Edit: so I made a beta submission with my live email address and now this account is an insider ha. Any idea how to delete the other account?

Have we received any further information on the beta? Or we still in Limbo?

@MainKiller7 said:

We are waiting :smile:

lets go , vamos ya quiero poder probar la beta :slight_smile:

Yes !

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@MainKiller7 said:

Thank you. You are probably the most active member on this site haha.

@MainKiller7 said:

@MisguidedMonk54 said:

@MainKiller7 said:

Thank you. You are probably the most active member on this site haha.

Thank you, I try :smiley: