Age of empires iv

@nonlosojimmy said:

@KingDarBoja said:

@nonlosojimmy said:
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

From RELIC (the best team with Creative Assembly)…

Which Period? Ancient, medieval or modern?

The header of Microsoft (the lady) said: “Now it is time for the future”

i don’t know she was referring to a game set in the future… There’s Halo wars 1 and 2…

My speculations:

1. CA is working on Halo wars so anothere game set in the future should be sensless;

2. Relic is the team behind the famous Company of heroes…so why another game set in the World War?

3. The best solution is a back to the ancient times or medieval times… Definitive editions are simply remaster, not true sequel or remake.

They are bringing the Definitive Editions of AOE II and AOE III so IMHO I think it is a lot of work to do so no need to make more medieval AOE Games besides FULL REMASTER.

This can’t be real. Oh … my … GOD.

@KingDarBoja said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

@KingDarBoja said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

i don’t know she was referring to a game set in the future… There’s Halo wars 1 and 2…

My speculations:

1. CA is working on Halo wars so anothere game set in the future should be sensless;

2. Relic is the team behind the famous Company of heroes…so why another game set in the World War?

3. The best solution is a back to the ancient times or medieval times… Definitive editions are simply remaster, not true sequel or remake.

They are bringing the Definitive Editions of AOE II and AOE III so IMHO I think it is a lot of work to do so no need to make more medieval AOE Games besides FULL REMASTER.

AOE 2 and 3 are perfect… Both definitive editions will be a simply graphic update with a bit improvements…

We need a good rts set in the ancient times imho

didn’t these guys make Company of Heroes?
Maybe it is moving forward in time. After all, the trailer went forward Age1 era to Age 3 era, it makes sense that the 4th would be a later era. Either that, or inclusive of all 3 eras, which I doubt. Age isn’t Civ, I don’t foresee clubmen fighting WWII soldiers.

Either that, or inclusive of all 3 eras, which I doubt. Age isn’t Civ, I don’t foresee clubmen fighting WWII soldiers.

Why not… Do you remember Empires Dawn of the modern World? (From empire earth creators, Stainless Steel Studios)

Awesome news! My guess for time period would be late 1800s (industrial age) up to the modern age and maybe… the blade runner age.

There is a new forum related to AOE IV, check it :smiley:

Yeah that forum is currently named Age of Speculation :wink:

@nonlosojimmy said:
Why not… Do you remember Empires Dawn of the modern World? (From empire earth creators, Stainless Steel Studios)

That’s a cool game, but I think they’re going to try to continue the AOE formula instead of reinventing it.
(Even if there’s no other reason than the fact that M$ will go with what worked in the past, instead of taking a risk with something totally different. )

@KingDarBoja said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

I’m sure she meant the future of AoE franchise not period.

This is the best news a…so happy 1-2-3…and world war 1/4

@Fetandrey said:

@KingDarBoja said:

@nonlosojimmy said:

I’m sure she meant the future of AoE franchise not period.

It must be a new period because we are going to have:

• AOE 1 Definitive Edition = Ancient Era
  • AOE 2 DE = Medieval Era
  • AOE 3 DE = Renaissance and Industrialization Era

I don’t think they will do an AOE IV game at ancient era.

I’m FREAKING OUT GUYS

You guys never seen this before? :wink:

@RWNorthPole said:
I’m FREAKING OUT GUYS

You are not the only one, I almost cried at those announcements. God save Microsoft.

A new Age is upon us indeed.

@KingDarBoja said:

@RWNorthPole said:
I’m FREAKING OUT GUYS

You are not the only one, I almost cried at those announcements. God save Microsoft.

I wet my bed pan, literally, i did. Nurse was not happy. o:)

@Nichoxx said:

You guys never seen this before? :wink:

I think a Korea/Vietnam AoE would be pretty interesting. As far as I know, there are little or no Cold War proxy strategy games out there, at least none like AoE. I’d like to see a modern game, but not something like WW2 - maybe even a 21st century game would be cool.

I’m just excited bout all the aoe love from definitive editions to a brand new game. I know the only games I will be playing for the next 5 years