Age of Empires IV

@KingDarBoja said:

@“Tha Somin” said:
I am very happy with the news, my first game was AoE I and I have been playing them over the years, when I heard about the closing of Ensemble Studios it was a terrible day for me and I thought I would never see those AoE IV and AoE V.

But now I see that I will be able to enjoy at least the AoE IV and in addition to the hands of Relic which is also one of my favorite studies of strategy games, I hope the best of the new AoE IV and also new news. Much encouragement and good luck!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

@“Andy P” Triggered

@nonlosojimmy nice finding! In fact that was a huge summary from one of the best AOE2 players in the world. If he can be confident about Relics making AOE IV, then we should surely do.

So, development will start in september. Relic already Know which ages will be covered in the upcoming AOE4.

It would be interesting if Relic members share development progress on this forums, looking at the suggestions and ideas by AOE fans.

@nonlosojimmy said:

@KingDarBoja said:

@“Tha Somin” said:
I am very happy with the news, my first game was AoE I and I have been playing them over the years, when I heard about the closing of Ensemble Studios it was a terrible day for me and I thought I would never see those AoE IV and AoE V.

But now I see that I will be able to enjoy at least the AoE IV and in addition to the hands of Relic which is also one of my favorite studies of strategy games, I hope the best of the new AoE IV and also new news. Much encouragement and good luck!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

@“Andy P” Triggered

@nonlosojimmy nice finding! In fact that was a huge summary from one of the best AOE2 players in the world. If he can be confident about Relics making AOE IV, then we should surely do.

So, development will start in september. Relic already Know which ages will be covered in the upcoming AOE4.

It would be interesting if Relic members share development progress on this forums, looking at the suggestions and ideas by AOE fans.

I agree with you, I would like the study of Relic to use this forum to put the news, or at least send the data and put another person here.

@AndyP

Do you know if Relic is active on this forums?

Could we help them in some way? I was thinking to open a dedicated section on this forum called “AOE4 Development” where Relic and Microsft teams can read and analyse what fans really want and maybe answer to some questions. (Do you remember Sandy Petersen’s Interviews on Agecommunity).

It’s just idea.

I got goosebumps while watching the trailer. Cant wait for the release

@nonlosojimmy said:
@AndyP

Do you know if Relic is active on this forums?

Could we help them in some way? I was thinking to open a dedicated section on this forum called “AOE4 Development” where Relic and Microsft teams can read and analyse what fans really want and maybe answer to some questions. (Do you remember Sandy Petersen’s Interviews on Agecommunity).

It’s just idea.

I do not know that Relic is active on the forums and have no personal information about them or AoE4. However, from my general experience with how this franchise has operated over the last five or so years, I am very confident that the Developers of AoE4 will keep an eye on this forum as some kind of barometer for the public. In other words, they are watching.

I can guarantee there is a guy from Relic in a Canucks jersey sitting on a bench in Stanley Park sipping a double-double with a box of Timbits on his lap while he scrolls through the forum on his Blackberry.

@“Andy P”

I just visited Relic’s website…scratch my above comment, I think it’s more likely said person is wearing a cycling jersey and is drinking a Guatemalan fair-trade blend while he scrolls the forum on a MacBook air.

@“Tha Somin” said:

Just wanted to say that that image was literally the first thing that came to mind when I first heard of AoE4 being made.

@Espeta said:
Really hope to finally see the Portuguese Empire in this amazing strategy game!! =)

You know, the Age2HD DLC “The African Kingdoms” features a Portuguese civ and a Portuguese campaign (Francisco de Almeida)!?

Couldn’t be more thrilled after a child hood wasted on be a age addict… hahah! ole yamato and dial up to long lonely nights playing black forest in the wee hours of the morning and even rts league for aoe 3…

in other terms I am extremely happy to see I will loose at least another 5 years to this game!

Can I Pre-Order this now thank you

Watch this interesting Q&A from zero empires on Youtube. He said he spoke with different members of microsoft and Relic teams and He believe that next aoe4 will be set in the middle age, no ww2 or similar.

It would be a quite logical step. AOE2 is already one of the best rts ever made. Unfortunately is 18 years old. A definitive edition is not a new game.

@TheBigDawgJ said:

@“Tha Somin” said:

Just wanted to say that that image was literally the first thing that came to mind when I first heard of AoE4 being made.

Where did you find this?

@“Nashme AlHadid” said:

@TheBigDawgJ said:

@“Tha Somin” said:

Where did you find this?

It’s an old artwork included in aoe3 's collector edition. It shows only speculations on what next age could be. However as sandy petersen said some years ago it doesn’t mean Aoe4 will surely cover ww2 period

@nonlosojimmy said:
Watch this interesting Q&A from zero empires on Youtube. He said he spoke with different members of microsoft and Relic teams and He believe that next aoe4 will be set in the middle age, no ww2 or similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOcRybNgQg

It would be a quite logical step. AOE2 is already one of the best rts ever made. Unfortunately is 18 years old. A definitive edition is not a new game.

He honestly just said he believed the game was not going to be placed in the modern era. A more knowledgeable piece of evidence is here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/6wk4oe/a_summary_of_gamescom_reflection_thanks/

Hello to all.
Let’s just hope that the relic boys do a good job !!
Sincerely, knowing that Relic is building AoE 4 game (with Microsoft supervision), it makes me a little insecure, especially after the flop of the last Dawn of War …
What Relic has to do is stay in the roots of the AoE franchise and not upset those rules that made the AoE series one of the best RTS in the world !!!

I don’t see why the game cannot move into the modern era. Think about the StarCraft franchise - those are very futuristic games - however, with the right balance and game mechanics, Age of Empires IV can similarly move into the “modern” era without too much trouble. Besides, the RTS community has StarCraft to learn from, so I encourage that AoE IV move into the nuclear age, and the digital ages respectively after World War I and World War II era.

_The four proposed eras in the modern age could be (very rough outline): _

World War I - tanks come into being
**World War II **- more aerial based combat
Nuclear Age - post-WWII and Cold War era
Information Age - birth of the Internet

_For AoE V (assuming that will be a thing in like 10-20 years): _

Digital Age - Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Remote Viewing, Psi
**Space Age **- Martian colonization and Martian wars of independence from the Earth government
Cyber Age - More robotics, and almost transhumanistic age
Interstellar Age - beyond Mars and our solar system - more like Halo franchise, and similar to StarCraft (although don’t duplicate StarCraft or Halo Microsoft).

@Krilithian said:
I don’t see why the game cannot move into the modern era. Think about the StarCraft franchise - those are very futuristic games - however, with the right balance and game mechanics, Age of Empires IV can similarly move into the “modern” era without too much trouble. Besides, the RTS community has StarCraft to learn from, so I encourage that AoE IV move into the nuclear age, and the digital ages respectively after World War I and World War II era.

_The four proposed eras in the modern age could be (very rough outline): _

World War I - tanks come into being
**World War II **- more aerial based combat
Nuclear Age - post-WWII and Cold War era
Information Age - birth of the Internet

_For AoE V (assuming that will be a thing in like 10-20 years): _

Digital Age - Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Remote Viewing, Psi
**Space Age **- Martian colonization and Martian wars of independence from the Earth government
Cyber Age - More robotics, and almost transhumanistic age
Interstellar Age - beyond Mars and our solar system - more like Halo franchise, and similar to StarCraft (although don’t duplicate StarCraft or Halo Microsoft).

Do you imagine a hypothetical star craft 3 set in the Middle Ages or in ancient Rome?
I just do not! Because by definition the strac craft series plays on fantasy / futuristic.
The same applies to AoE series: the name of the empire dates back to a past and not modern or worse yet futuristic!
Especially old-time fans will not be happy … because AoE is a series that was born 20 years ago and has left the mark in RTS games even for the historic eras that it has marked up to now.

1 Like

@CostlierParrot3 said:

Hello to all.
Let’s just hope that the relic boys do a good job !!
Sincerely, knowing that Relic is building AoE 4 game (with Microsoft supervision), it makes me a little insecure, especially after the flop of the last Dawn of War …
What Relic has to do is stay in the roots of the AoE franchise and not upset those rules that made the AoE series one of the best RTS in the world !!!

Want to see what people think of the last Relic game? Read the comments here.

pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-adds-modding-tools-and-steam-workshop-support/#comment-jump

@Rrcher said:
Can I Pre-Order this now thank you

Sure, check this link: https://microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/age-of-empires-definitive-edition/9n2kmdvlk85d

You MUST have Windows 10 installed on your computer.

I would like it, when AOE4 is using the stone ressource again. AOM and AOE3 has wasted a lot of Gold and gaved not enough Gold back.