Age of Empires IV

For Ensemble Studios Sake and memory!

@“Ether Astral” said:
Next is HL3 ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Valve isn’t good with creating #3 games… but maybe one day.

@“Ether Astral” said:
Next is HL3 ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Portal 3!

By the way, for those that disagree with my previous post, I mean “Age of Empire” as title for fantasy or sci-fi game, of course I will accept a spin-off like AOM did.

♥. Will be hard to wait :smiley:

BTW @jennywaboom I have a 404 error when i clic on the link of this sentence :
“check out our blog post **_here _**for a wrap up of all the announcements”

1. Remakes — This point is based completely on business and marketing strategy. AOE 1 was released in Oct 1997. AOE 2 was released in Oct 1999 and AOE 3 was released in Oct 2005. Best guess since the announcement was made at Gamescom 2017, we’ll plan to see AOE 4 in Oct 2018. A lot of money is tied into announcements. You never want to make an announcement too early and you never want to make an announcement too late. In the meanwhile between now and Oct 2018 we should have release of a definitive edition of AOE 1 (Oct 2017), 2 , and 3. Now if in the very rare case AOE 4 covers an era such as the medieval or colonial era as an example why would I even buy the definitive edition of 2 or 3, when I could wait to play those eras in AOE 4 which would be a fresher game? There is no way that Microsoft will let any of their newly released AOE games compete against one another if they cover the same content. AOE 4 must take place in a separate era from 1, 2, and 3. The only era left to cover is the period of time from where AOE 3 ends to the present.

2. Studio Selection — It was not by chance that Relic was chosen to develop AOE 4. There are plenty of studios to pick from since this project is being outsourced. Relic is best known for their Company of Hero and Warhammer series. This studio has demonstrated they have the skill set and ability to develop successful RTS games that take place in the WW and modern day eras. This is a huge reason Microsoft selected this studio, as this is the era AOE 4 will most likely take place in.

1. You are talking about Remakes, but these versions are simply remasters. You’ll probably see Some improvements, better graphic but same campaigns and missions (maybe with a little differences). So i’ll surely buy an AOE 4 set in ancient or medieval times. It sould be a totally new game.

2. Relic is actually the best team about rts games. There’s the only reason. From xbox official page:
    “We are thrilled to continue growing the empire, and excited to share that we are working with Relic Entertainment on a brand-new title for the Age of Empires franchise — Age of Empires IV. Relic Entertainment has a wealth of experience in creating high-quality RTS games, making them the ideal partner to develop Age of Empires IV. We are thrilled to be working with them and can’t wait for fans to see their unique and exciting contribution to the Age of Empires franchise. For all of you who have remained faithful fans of the Age of Empires franchise for the last 20 years, we say thank you — we cannot wait to bring you the next chapter of history. We’ll have more to share in the future, so stay tuned to AgeOfEmpires.com!”

I think the best and safest way would be if Age 4 stays between the epos from Age 1 till Age 3.

Everything that goes beyond Age 3 is already too much. I would even cut some things in Age 3, too much fireweapons, I want to see real man fighting and behind them let some arrows fly.

Very good news, I hate to see the sequel!

Cant wait! I was hoping for a sequel!

Really would like to Beta for IV. AoEO was very good update to the ES Games.

Reflecting on it after quite some time – the announcement was definitely a fulfilment of the most hidden dreams. I first heard about it on Facebook via a shared post of the official Age of Empires status, then double-checked it just to be sure. You never know, there were a lot of rumours and false prophecies in the past, but this time it was actually true. While watching the trailer, I almost shed a tear or two, such an unbelievable experience it was. After so many years, so many hours spent in each of the games, so many games played, and last, but not least – so many hopes, I learned that Age of Empires IV is coming out.

Now the hype is gone, but I still can’t wait, filling my free time with wild searching of any possible leaks, evidence, teasers and rumours, in the end. Expectations are high, but from what I’ve seen Relic definitely has the potential to live up to them.

Bring it on!

@pecelot said:
Reflecting on it after quite some time – the announcement was definitely a fulfilment of the most hidden dreams. I first heard about it on Facebook via a shared post of the official Age of Empires status, then double-checked it just to be sure. You never know, there were a lot of rumours and false prophecies in the past, but this time it was actually true. While watching the trailer, I almost shed a tear or two, such an unbelievable experience it was. After so many years, so many hours spent in each of the games, so many games played, and last, but not least – so many hopes, I learned that Age of Empires IV is coming out.

Now the hype is gone, but I still can’t wait, filling my free time with wild searching of any possible leaks, evidence, teasers and rumours, in the end. Expectations are high, but from what I’ve seen Relic definitely has the potential to live up to them.

Bring it on!

It still still headed by Mircosoft, they know what we want, they know what they want, it is just wait and be patient. I am still playing Age3 now, long after the period in which Ensemble Studies separated…

I am a big fan of AOE, more than 15 yrs playing that game and used to be a top on-line player (online mode at game zone was the most cool thing ever and was a shame that microsoft shut it down long time ago, they killed a community that could be today one of the biggest online gamming community in the world). I will be more than glad to have the opportunity to check the beta of the AOE IV and help to improve the development to the best level as possible.

AOE II (now the HD) still my favorite, simple, objective and makes you feel like you are playing a new style of modern animated chess, in game strategy is always the way to get wins, the map terrain demography is also a cool factor, if you are on the “top” and “flat” part of the map you have a huge advantage against the enemy, those little details make things interesting.

here goes some suggestions to add on the game:

1- Better In-game multiplayer platform: That is the main big change that valve did on counter strike GO, they create a new in game match making that make the game much more competitive, making each player play 10 online matches to give them a rank and after that be able to select players with the same level and putting them together, it makes the match fair, even, fun and that feature make the online players amount raises as crazy I believe that is some feature that microsoft should try to follow as an example and add it on AOE IV, the online gaming is what keeps the game alive for decades and E-sports is a new reality, championships make a lot of money for all (developers, gammers and sponsors).

2- Dont go too crazy on new stuff in the game, if you compare AOE II to AOE III, there is kind of a pollution feeling in the game, a lot of new fire weapons is an example.

3- In game MAP: In some matches the map can be weird, like black forest can provide you small corridors that even with a 80 men army, you can only cross 5men at a time, and using onagers to kill the trees was a good strategy to improve your attack efficiency when you have a big army. Add some features on villager like build tunnels or elevated bridges to overcome natural physical barriers like rivers or tress could be some cool stuff to add.

4- Keep the amount of civilizations small, a lot of civs can make players dislike the random civ game play mode or the game it self, cause you need to learn how to play with each civilization to master a good skill level. I believe a voting top 10 most popular empires should be made, people can vote on 10 civs between all the available ones.

AGE UP!! I never would have thought this would happen. Been a fan since I was kid. Only found this because AOE3 on Steam is not working and was skimming through discussion and news.

J’ai hâte de voir ce fameux Age Of Empire: Definitive Edition

Delighted to be part of this community, and hoping that soon can be part of the wonderful group of betatesters and make the game something much better. :smile:

@TheJosmartPro said:
Delighted to be part of this community, and hoping that soon can be part of the wonderful group of betatesters and make the game something much better. :smile:

The gane isn’t in beta phase.

As a old AoE gamer, I can’t wait to see what a beauty this is gonna be. Please just do not bring in any futuristic age as we all love to keep it like it should be and by meaning this no space age xD.

I´m Very Happy

Thanks Uncle Bill Gates !!! thank you. Now, however, calm and cold blood !! we do not fool! we want a serious age! not a casual game … Simple, just look at previous AoEs !!! introduce innovations ok, but do not turn the game into a non-conductable style to the AoE series !!!