Age of Empires IV

When can I pre-order?

Awesome!

@SlimsyBongo5315 said:
When can I pre-order?

If you are talking about AOE IV, there isn’t any alpha, beta or any kind of information related to the game, so no pre-order webpage / link for it.

If you are talking about AOE Definitive Edition: Go to the Windows store and search for “Age of Empires Definitive Edition”

I love Age of Empires titles and I love Relic for Company of Heroes. This fusion sounds brilliant to me and I have no worries! Let me play it! :wink:

fingers crossed get into beta, also BIG HI to KAT_RE if your reading =).

@“bare monkey” said:
fingers crossed get into beta, also BIG HI to KAT_RE if your reading =).

Info about that?

There’s been no info about the aoe4 beta yet. I reckon we will first see betas for aoe2de and aoe3hd, but who knows.

I am pretty sure Kat and the gang read the forum, but they haven’t yet started participating.

Whoooo!

man… i’ve been longing for this moment ever since i baught my AOE2 disk waaay back in 1999, in the back of the CD leaflet it had a small title picture of AOE 3 and up or something like that, all the way through the world wars and into the future, i’ve been silently living with a hole in my heart that those games never came

I’m ecstatic this is finally happening!, 12 years of waiting. it better be worth it.
(also: DONT BE LIKE EA!!)

Finally

That art was never for real. Everyone from ensemble who has spoken about it has distanced themselves from it.

Ensemble Studios employee Sandy Petersen commented on the subject of Age 4 & 5:
“4) the collectors edition on the back page of the Art Work book there was a picture of a World War I or II solider (actualy looks like a later one a M16 is in his hands) for AOE IV how will that work
A — it was total speculation on our part.”

If AoE4 goes into the 19th Century it won’t be because of they decided to do so 12 years ago.

And AoE5 having time machines and nuke troopers is, um, imaginative. I suppose they could break the franchise if they wanted.

@“Andy P”
I agree. Wondering about any future Age of Empires version only has use when the age itself has been passed by another age already. Hmm I got a multiplier bonus, 3 times the word age in one sentence.

New to Age. Help me luv it like you all do, please.

@sleepy419zzzz said:
New to Age. Help me luv it like you all do, please.

1. Join forum.
  2. Argue about imaginary elephants.
  3. Stick around for years.
  4. Eventually win a free t-shirt.

Just wonder if you accept old veterans back to Ages Games … like me Xamolxis maker of Xamo scenarios AoE2 and 3 and AoM?
Also if there will be a Editor and of course if the next game have a multiplayer?
It will be a great pleasure to start making again some scenarios, especially now that i am retired :slight_smile: .

Lets wait for a great game

What great news! Made my day.

I’m really worried if it’s Relic Entertainment, yes they built some great titles before but left the game completely biased to 1 side and ruined in the end by making pay2win sequels which doesn’t even had the mechanics of original title like CoH

@AxisWillie said:
I’m really worried if it’s Relic Entertainment, yes they built some great titles before but left the game completely biased to 1 side and ruined in the end by making pay2win sequels which doesn’t even had the mechanics of original title like CoH

you’ll see that Microsoft oversees

@CostlierParrot3 said:

@AxisWillie said:

you’ll see that Microsoft oversees

Well lets hope so for sake of the brand AOE