Age of Empires IV

@AxisWillie said:

@CostlierParrot3 said:

@AxisWillie said:
I’m really worried if it’s Relic Entertainment, yes they built some great titles before but left the game completely biased to 1 side and ruined in the end by making pay2win sequels which doesn’t even had the mechanics of original title like CoH

you’ll see that Microsoft oversees

Well lets hope so for sake of the brand AOE

AoE is not just a game of strategy … It is the STRATEGIC GAME of the most beloved in its category, perhaps the king of strategists. I doubt that Microsoft will allow Relic to do what it wants. On the contrary, they have already assured fans that AoE will follow the traditional style of the series. We can actually expect any surprises, but even then, microsoft has certainly allowed / approved this surprise.

AoE is the first of its kind, the traditional build and unit blobbing RTS. The only advantage I see why they bring Relics in this is perhaps their ability to create tactical RTS elements (at least the guys who created coh1/essence1 if they are still working in the studios), or they need them to tune the game engine, but given the epic fail of transiting from Essence 1.0 to later versions, which generally have worse user experience in following titles, this is unlikely the case

This is just speculation but if Relic Entertainment is working on the game my guess is that the era is WW1/WW2. I assume this by looking at what games they have worked on in the past, even dawn of war which is tanks, soldiers etc. I’d much rather a Medieval game like 1 & 2, and would much rather see an Age of Mythology 2.

1 Like

@MakeMelodic said:
This is just speculation but if Relic Entertainment is working on the game my guess is that the era is WW1/WW2. I assume this by looking at what games they have worked on in the past, even dawn of war which is tanks, soldiers etc. I’d much rather a Medieval game like 1 & 2, and would much rather see an Age of Mythology 2.

I doubt it Will set in ww2. relic is probably developing a coh3

@nonlosojimmy said:

@MakeMelodic said:

I doubt it Will set in ww2. relic is probably developing a coh3

Doubt so, this studio tends to build something epic in the first place, then screw it up epicly not once but multiple times with money grab expansions and so on, the most famous examples being the British fraction in CoH1 and CoH2. These DLC basically make the game so much worse than they originally created without provision of balancing. They most certainly lack the processes to ensure balancing goal is achieved in their DLC content and to fix the broken in the due course like Blizzard does.

In my personal view, packing the community mods into a commercial title such as blitzkrieg fom CoH1 already made a much better game than the CoH2 cxxp has to offer. That said and they pretty much know it the overall quality and sales of the latest installments are going down the sewage. If they are going to ask for approval to make CoH3 it would be on their necks if the performance continues to slip downward, working sideline for another title is a safe bet here.

I only know a one thing. It is AOE IV. Finally.

I really really hope this AOE will not be too modern because i loved only AOE comparing to other games and i hope it won’t be too complex to play it

The game that introduced me to gaming! please make it as awesome as all the others. Looking forward to it

Amazing. I cant wait.

@sleepy419zzzz said:
New to Age. Help me luv it like you all do, please.

1. Play AoE 1
  2. Don’t think just play AoE 2
  3. Hype it and then play AoE 3
  4. You already love it :smiley:

Estou Muito feliz e ansioso que venha mais histórias para a gente vivenciar, Primeira guerra, Segunda Guerra vem aí!!! s2

(I am very happy and anxious that more stories come to us to experience, First War, Second War is coming !!!)

@RealStingray532 said:
Estou Muito feliz e ansioso que venha mais histórias para a gente vivenciar, Primeira guerra, Segunda Guerra vem aí!!! s2

(I am very happy and anxious that more stories come to us to experience, First War, Second War is coming !!!)

Isn’t confirmed.

Cant wait to play!! I really hope that you keep the card system in AOE3 as well as an improved online hub for gameplay!!!

wait so long :’(

Pre paying for marriage counseling now…

New AoE - New Age, new gameplay!
WW I
Im Westen nichts Neues

Can’t wait for the game.

@IamDalv said:

1. They have numerous not so good to bad examples: AOE3 tried to change the gameplay by a bit and died pretty quickly

AoE3 is very much alive, in fact it’s one of the top active RTS games currently. Please stop spreading misinformation.

1. They are looking at the AOE2 community, especially the competitive, the only one actually alive, that’s where they are able to understand the games more thoroughly and explain stuff like why the metas from Age2 still work and continue to develop.

AoE3 competitive community is also very much alive, and they’re looking at it too.

1. Microsoft are adepts of playing it safe.

Huh? AoEO was playing it safe? Or AoM/AoE3 were playing it safe? Disbanding ES was playing it safe? All I see is a road paved with unsafe decisions.

1 Like

Hey guys, what kind of historical theme do you think will be shown in the game? aoe IV

Finally, i’m really waiting for it !! love you all