"Age of Empires" Needs THE EMPIRE: Awe-Inspiring Architecture Transformation & Civ Concept for the Turks/ Ottoman Empire (with BEASTLY Mega Bombards) - NEW! Updated Nov 19th

This is no ordinary post, this is a monument to Age of Empires.

@Vinifrss About the organization of the “longest post on AoE forum”: The Civilization Concept should come first, then the architecture evolution through the ages (and finally the Landmarks), not the other way around!

I thought this was closed a long time ago. @moderators, it’s a dead post, that shouldn’t have been necroed.

3 Likes

dunno but lets revive this.

3 Likes

In the current situation, Age of Empires IV could use a revival like this:

2 Likes

Demned necromancers… Yes, let’s revive the theme of the biggest nationalist in this forum.

2 Likes

Is this another return of vinifrss

3 Likes

Now this post has value. Let’s energize it:

The necroing is sadly the least problematic thing here. This thread is littered with a single person’s accounts, answering to himself, liking his own posts and artificially bumping this topic up to the top of the forum by editing his own comments a hundred times or by pretending someone else is suddenly starting a discussion. That’s just forum vandalism at this point. If not to step it up and call it straight out social engineering. The thread would be dead long ago if not for these manipulative attempts to make some apparently unpopular views to appear trending.

6 Likes

I know, which is why I’m asking the mods to close. I was literally there when Vinifrss began the super pro Turk spam. Necroing one of these topics is pointless now, and I though the mods shut them all down a long time ago.

2 Likes

You don’t even need 10 reasons. Numbers 2 and 6 alone, would be enough to make the civ that AoE4 should’ve had as vanilla.

Imagine it implemented in the game!

I am a big fan of the Ottomans in Age III and Europa Universalis 4, and I want to play as Ottoman Empire in Age IV too.

2 Likes

Aussie Drongo made a YouTube video with AoE 4 future civs speculation. Drongo declared that DLCs will likely have a 2-civ combo that is historically interrelated.

In the video, he mentions a few such civ combos:

Portugal + Spain (virtually impossible as a 1st DLC, with AoE 4 having so few civs, because Port and Spain are just so similar to each other)

Celts + Vikings / Poles + Danes (these combos don’t make any sense at all…? If I’m wrong please explain)

Byzantines + Ottoman Empire /Turks (the best historical civ combo option by a looong mile, not only within Europe civs, but probably in the world)

I think this analysis reveals a lot about the future DLC for Age of Empires 4.

3 Likes

your post inspired me and i already tried making it as a modpack just some basics to see if i could get it down, but sadly the game won’t add it yet.
maybe it’s possible to replace the Abbasid. But currently it is not possible to add new civ yet.

2 Likes

That’s an incredible effort man, MAKING A CIV! Def be checking that out. I really hope future versions of the game will enable adding new custom civs.

Can’t wait to try your civ!.. This post has even more extraordinary ideas that would probably need to be implemented by Relic in a DLC in order to come to life.

Unfortunately it seems the guy you talk to (OP) -who created this civ concept here that inspired you and I- was a victim of ugly hate and banned forever from the forum.

Crazy world eh

2 Likes

hahahaah that EU4 meme is amazing, love the ‘stranger things’ story with it

2 Likes

wow i’m sorry to hear that.
well i do need to ask you to hold your horses, i can’t make new buildings or new units i only used excisting ones. i just wanted to see if it’s possible and how difficult it is. i just like to play around with the scripts, like in rise of nations it’s quite easy to make a new civ. And this comes quite close, i just asks a bit more hardwork to figure things out. But the system they used to build AoE4 on is quite nice.

Cheers from Nick_The_Hun from AoM.

1 Like

I think the idea in mr Viniffrs’ OP is that Turkish horsemen and cav archer (with specific names I can’t remember) are civ-unique in their raiding (esp. eco/trade raiding) character. Check out his detailed civ concept by age.
Janissary and Great Bombard in age 3 is also very much a core feature of the OP, except that bombard size should be bigger too.

2 Likes

Yeah, captures the spirit of that epoch nicely. Just as AoE 4 should!!

This guy Drongo really an insider with dev team contacts?

This is about logic, not insider info. It’s a logical conclusion.

Based on the premise of a historically interconnected 2-civ combo, Byzantines / East Roman Empire and Turks / Ottoman Empire are the best DLC choice by a long mile.

mans talking about turkish architecture and shows Hagia Sophia and western europe inspired villages​:skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull::skull:

1 Like