Age report!

How old were you when you first played the original?!?! I was around 10 and hooked!

I started playing in 1999 when I was about 11 years old. I would get up at 4:00 AM before school to play against the AUST clan. Then when I got home I’d play the Europeans and people from N. America.

I was 12 years old, I remember perfectly the day I got RoR in my hands. Wish I were as happy as that day today. Got my a$$ handed because I jumped right into the multiplayer.

I was born in 1999 so I wasn’t even alive when it came out! My older brother had the game and its just always been a game we had for the PC and played it all the time, same with Age of Kings + Conquerors.

4-5. I was playing on easiest and making max 10 units. I have so many fun memories :slight_smile:

When Age of Empires: Gold Edition was released I was a teenager.

Woow!! I was 8 or 9 when I play for first time AOE. I love that moment.

No idea how old I was when I first played. I was a little younger than 2 when it came out, and it became the only game my Dad plays, and at some point I started playing it against him as well.

I started playing in 1998, when I was 4. It was the first game that I played.

First time playing AoE was back in 2000, I was 6, I remember fooling around in the scenario editor most of the time.

It was the first PC game I played

Didn’t play it till nearly 2010 I want to think, so 20ish. Put in a lot of hours in two in the years leading up to getting it. Eventually picked it up in a two pack with AoE 2 from Wally World, as I wanted a spare disk for 2. Decided I needed to see how my favorite pastime got started, so I loaded it up and got going.

I play AoE for the first time around 8-9. I just love how to create maps. Somehow I love to massacre the entire army. Such a dark past i had.

I played this when I was around 4 or 5, so around the early 2000’s, this franchise is only one year older than me, I have so many fond memories of this game

I don’t know how old I was. It would have been in the early 2000s, (maybe 1999ish), when I was very young. We got an Age of Empires disk from a cereal packet, and were very excited. I had a lot of fun with it! Years later my brother got Age of Empires 2 for his birthday (several years after it came out), and we were excited because we didn’t know there was a sequel. We went on to play AOE3 (which I found easiest for me to play), and I eventually got into Age of Empires Online (which was probably my favourite… don’t shoot me).

I’ve just downloaded the old Rise of Rome demo (because I’ve lost my old AOE disk and can’t be bothered looking for it), and am currently going down a little nostalgia trip.

I was about 5 or 6 when I started playing. I wasn’t very good when I first started but learnt pretty quick. Spent so many hours on this game!

I have been gaming for about 20 years since a teen…yet I have never played this one. Played Castle Siege for a good while…but none of the AOE original titles…hope I can catch on lol. Always played stuff like crash bandicoot to Dark Souls, borderlands, fall out…kill zone lol shooter games. Actually Castle Siege was my first real PC game…besides the little games to burn time.

@“Wicked Wulf” said:
I have been gaming for about 20 years since a teen…yet I have never played this one. Played Castle Siege for a good while…but none of the AOE original titles…hope I can catch on lol. Always played stuff like crash bandicoot to Dark Souls, borderlands, fall out…kill zone lol shooter games. Actually Castle Siege was my first real PC game…besides the little games to burn time.

I wish you luck. Just know that Castle Siege is quite different to the other Age of Empires games.

I was 20-something when I first played (AoE 1) back in the 90’s; was a favorite at LAN parties, even though a certain friend of ours annihilated everyone all the time…way too good at RTS’s.

Oh god, I started playing AoE in 1998 at 12 y/o, just after RoR release. It was one of my first games on PC <3

I was 5-6 years old and play the easiest campaign