Age report!

Back in days I was ~6 years old and played AoE 2 on windows 98. ^^

I was like 4 or 5, I think. Played the demo endlessly…

I think I was twelve. My room smelled like hot/burning plastic because my big-■■■ CRT monitor was hardly ever turned off that summer.

Hooray for all of us who played on win98!!!

I found the disk among many other old PC games when I was around 6. Booted it up into Windows 95 (when everyone had XP) and went immediately to it every day after school.

I have never really stopped playing Age /Age II. Tried so many other RTS games but keep coming back. I was about 22 when I started.

Em… I… bueno, ya estoy un poco grande… :neutral: pero me sigue gustando! y estoy a la espera de adquirir la última versión :smiley:

I was 8 when I first watched my brother play (1998), around 10 when I could get him to let me play :stuck_out_tongue:

Blimey it’s young here I was in my 20s playing AOE and AOK (which I preferred) remember running up a fairly big bill playing online with my brother in law on a dial up modem before Broadband became widely available. Spent waaaaay too long.,

Looking forward to the new game, although my son will probably own me on it now :slight_smile:

@alvaro1693 said:
I started playing in 1998, when I was 4. It was the first game that I played.

Are you me? I was 4 as well when I first played it but didn’t get my hands on my own copy until 4 years later when they were giving them away for free in cereal boxes.

I started when I was 6 and I lived in Italy. It was 2004 and it was my birthday. One of my birthday presents was a copy of the game. I got it from a cereal box my dad brought from another country. I guess a lot of people started playing because of that. Imagine if they did that again, that would be crazy.

Played it as my first game I’ve ever had… was 5 years old and played it with my dad up until today I still play it. I’m from 1996. Turned 21 last week.

I think I must have been around 12 when I first played AoE when my friend gave me his disc to borrow. I’ve always re-installed it to my PC, until the arrival of Windows 10 where glitched graphics sadly made it unplayable :frowning:

I was around 6-7 years old when I first played it at a house of a friend of mine. Then we didn’t know what to do and were just all excited about those crazy units walking around the screen.
A couple of years later, when I was 9 or 10, I got the Rise of Rome expansion our home PC, and I never really stopped playing ever since.

I was 7, didnt understand much but loved(and still do love) Ancient History so i was hooked.

I was 15 and until now I play still aoe. But not as often as to the days between 1998 und 2004. It was funny to play RTS League via 56k modem. China vs germany and a ping of 400 + :smiley:

I started playing the RoR trial when I was 10 years old. I was hooked and played the demo and then the AoE 2 demo for years! I was even in an AoE 2 demo clan haha. Then my parents finally bought me the games and I’ve been playing on and off ever since.

When I was eight, I played mi First time Age of Empire 1. When Age of Empires 2 is coming. We was paying LAN cable for a LAN party. So we make it a family LAN-Party. That was a wonderful time!!! :smiley: :smiley:

I must have been between 10-12 and played a Demo from a PC Gamer magazine and then the full version when my parents bought it for us kids.
The original was amazing - but so was AoE 2 - the Joan of Arc campaign!

I was about 10, started with demo first and later demo of the expansion