AI elephants won't attack ships in Water Nomad

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 94056
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

AI elephants wouldn’t attack my ships in Water Nomad while I played against 6x AIs with my brother. The AI team was the Khmers and I played as the Aztecs.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a 2 player map on Water Nomad.
  2. Select an AI as the Khmer.
  3. Build a ship army.
  4. Attack enemy elephants which will not respond.
  5. Bring a ground or trebuchet unit and watch the elephant destroy them.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Enemy elephants would stomp the boats.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

(system wouldn’t let me post two links in the initial post; I attempted removing fluff but removing the link is all that worked)

Sorry for digging up an old post, I would love to see if the Devs confirm this is a bug or not.

This issue is not only limited to elephants - AI never uses land melee units to attack ships. And may or may not fight back against ships by ranged land unit. even in maps like Water Nomad, Mangrove Jungle, Bog Island, etc, where land units, ships, and buildings can all be in the same shallow terrain.

If these maps are designed for land vs naval unit combat, then the AI should know how to play it.

Personally, I want to make a custom scenario where the map will be similar to the maps mentioned above - land and water units can combat each other in the same place, and I want AI to do that. For now, I don’t see if this can be solved by custom AI, so I wonder if this is something that can’t be changed by players.

Edit: Some say custom AI with DUC can force AI to attack ships on sight, I will do my research…

I reported this issue to the team, thanks for your detailed report :slight_smile: