[AI issue] Late game intentional idling of villagers (observed with Asian civs so far)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 13.10442 and PUP
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

A couple of games I’ve been noticing that Asian AI will leave villagers idle for a while. They usually go back to work after a while, but I don’t think this is intended behavior. Maybe they are not gathering because its very late game and they already have lots of resources?

Happens particularly when they are attacked. After hiding vils in the TC, when the vils are released into safety, they stay idle.

In any case, they should go back to the rice paddies.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!
This only happens once the game goes on for a long time. I have noticed that this with Asian civs only (those who build paddies instead of mills or estates. Usually once wood runs out.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Happens in long team games when wood runs out.
  2. I noticed it only for India and China so far.
  3. Happens mostly after AI is attacked. AI garrisons vils inside TC but then after coming out, they do not start working on rice paddies for a while.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
AI should not idle villagers like this.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

This is a long game though, check around the times in the pictures above. Around 1:40:00. It is a persistent issue till the end of the game.

1 Like

Thanks for your report! We’re now tracking this issue.

1 Like