- BUILD #: After update 3552
- PLATFORM: Steam
- OS: Windows 10
In my games at hardest difficulty, at least 1 AI ally doesn’t go past the “Commerce Age” even if the game reaches the 30 min mark (this happens in my case, with the Spanish AI) and generally all the AI players tend to build a lot of mills and plantations but they dont use them, even if they reach “Imperial Age”, instead they send their villagers to gather food or gold from animals and mines in the enemy territory, or they are just standing still around trees or the town center.
The issue with the AI don’t going past the commerce age, and not using the mills and plantations seems, to be solved if the human player commands the AI to focus in economy.
FREQUENCY OF ISSUE
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start the match normally, you attack start advancing from Commerce age to Fortress age, etc, etc.
- The human player and the AI allies attack a couple of times. But while this is happening, some of the AI villagers still venture to enemy territory to gather resources (food and gold). This is at the 25-35 min mark.
- At the 40 min mark, at least 1 AI player is still in the “Commerce Age” (in my case the Spanish AI), and its not doing nothing to go for the “Fortress Age”, like gathering gold or food. Only a few villagers (i would say 1/3 of them) are gathering wood or food.
That the AI players advance to fortress, industrial and imperial age in a normal way and dont stuck in one age in particular. That the AI uses the mills and plantations, in a reasonable time, and stop sending villagers to suicide in the 30 min mark.
The AI will make tons of plantations and mills but, in some cases they will abandon them trying to search natural resources.
They keep sending a lot of settlers across the map, its like a suicide mission.
IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS
Before the player gives the command to focus on economy.
After the player gives the command to focus on economy.