AI Script Problem: Computer players does not upgrade some units

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 66692
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I make AI files for my custom scenarios, but the AI will not research some unit upgrades. The most noticable are the Militiaman, Spearmen, Light Cavalry, Camel, Archer, and naval units.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS), at least since some time around August.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. AI file has this file at the upper portion of file:
(load "scenario upgrades DE").
  1. AI file has the following entry to train militiaman-line:
(defrule
	(unit-type-count-total militiaman-line < 20)
	(can-train militiaman-line)
=>
	(train militiaman-line)
	(chat-local-to-self "camel")
)
  1. Scenario Upgrades DE file has following line:
(defrule
	(goal 16 0)
	(unit-type-count man-at-arms > 6)
	(can-research-with-escrow ri-long-swordsman)
=>
	(release-escrow wood)
	(release-escrow food)
	(release-escrow gold)
	(release-escrow stone)
        (research ri-long-swordsman)
	(chat-local-to-self "research long swordsman ")
)

It also has entries for researching 2HS, and Champion if AI player is in Imperial.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The AI would upgrade some their units when they could, such as Light Cavalry to Hussars, Camel Rider to Heavy Camels, Galley-line Militiaman-line.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

Notice that the game time is nearly two hours. See that none of the AI players in the photo are still using Castle Age Camel Riders and Light Cavalry? They could have upgraded their units to Hussars and Heavy Camels or even Imperial Camels (since they are Hindustani).

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

I have been experiencing this in campaign scenarios I’ve been playing these last weeks. Enemy AI tends not to fully upgrade certain units in Imperial Age, or in some cases they do not make certain Imperial Age units when they should (e.g. purple is not making trebs in the fourth Dracula scenario). This does not seem to be the case, however, when I play random map games against the AI. Very odd.

Hi @PCDragon3979
We are already tracking this issue, thanks for the report! :slight_smile: