- Build: AOE 2 DE
- Platform: Microsoft Store
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Gamertag: Davyco10
When I get crazy server lag, I will save a game (multiplayer online, including some AI opponents) to continue later. However, about 90% of the time, when I try to continue, the AI teams stay stagnant (villagers standing still, and civ not progressing). Even if you attack them and raze their entire village, the will not react, or resign. We like to practice as a team against harder and harder AI opponents, but this makes it virtually impossible - especially considering how many server issues there have been lately, and we have had to deal with crazy “rubber band” lag despite our internet speeds being high, and our computers running quickly.
Here’s how to reproduce the problem:
- Create a Multiplayer lobby with two or more human players
- Add one or more AI teams
- During the match, save - while all human players are still present. Quit, then restore the game, and re-invite all human players.
- When the match resumes, the AI (more times than not) will be completely inactive.