AI too sensitive. They resign way too early. Please fix

Right on, thanks for the note, Chesqin! Sounds tricky, for sure… but I think that’s where a lobby option could maybe help, or a pop-up like I think AoE3 does to give the player an option at the moment the AI wants to resign, or some other thoughts expressed in the past regarding the “104” chat functionality

Interesting. Yeah, when games go long, I have a lot of time and energy invested. So, by the time I turn things around and get the upper-hand in the match, I sometimes enjoy giving them an area of land to work in (wall it off) and watch their attempts to come back. Unfortunately, they often end up wasting a lot of resources cranking out military one unit at a time, probably depleting what little resources they have, rather than purely focusing on building a robust economy first like they would at the start of a game. I also start mining all the mines, and harvesting a ton of resources, or build a bunch of wonders, castles, etc.

It’s actually also during this time where I’ve always wished I could decorate/customize my town (as alluded to in this thread here, but is an entirely different subject so just take that for what it’s worth if you read.)

Staying focused, to answer your questions, here were my settings last night, which is fairly typical; though sometimes it’s 2 human vs. 2 or 3 AI, and I think even 1 vs 1 AI

• Was the AI in a team? - Yes
  • Population cap - 400. I always play 400
  • Difficulty Level - Moderate. I usually play Moderate or Hard
  • Game Mode: Random Map
  • Starting/Ending Age: Standard

And a screenshot exactly as appeared last night:

I see. This, unfortunately, goes contrary to what I wish to do sometimes after I get control of the map and the enemies. I may just want to mess around for an additional 30-90 minutes after a game is, technically, over… but the AI will resign well before that as it assumes I won’t leave it alone, when, in fact, I will leave it alone for a while to watch it try to rebuild but with me keeping it under control so it doesn’t get too big.

I wonder if a randomization could be added to this script, to help give the AI personality. Some AI might be stubborn and not want to give up even if it assumes it won’t be left alone, others will be more scared, others will just lose hope but never give up… – rather than the assumption always being that they should resign because the humans won’t leave them alone

Thanks again! Hope this helps